Fernandes makes a Sustainer as well. But you might be better of just trying an eBow.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Fernandes makes a Sustainer as well. But you might be better of just trying an eBow.

would prefer it in a PU but thanks very much anyway!
Here's the Fernandes version:
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/sustainer/sustainer.html

If you look at their guitars, you'll see they partner theirs with passives, like in the Ravelle Elite:
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/ravelle/ravelle-elite.html

The downside- and why I suggested the eBow- is that I don't know if they make one to fit in anything bigger than a 6 string.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by AngryIndianDude
Loomis takes a look at this sustaniac PU.

I really like this but I dont want to spend £300~ pounds on one + shipping, plus I have a passive guitar (Ibanez premium 7 string). What alternatives could I look at for a madly harmonic PU which just screams when im barely playing? For neck use

WHOLE lot of issues here.

What's the point of even bringing up the Sustainiac if

1.) You're unable to afford one and
2.) You're looking for a neck pickup and
3.).You're playing a 7 string?

The alternative to a Sustainer/Sustainiac in terms of harmonics would be a hot unpotted pickup with a fairly loose coil wind placed very close to a loud speaker cabinet. That's simple enough. That's been the formula since the '60's.

The Sustainer/Sustainiac/Moog Sustainer is intended to allow you much more control in several ways.

A sustainer doesn't require a loud speaker cabinet (or any speaker cabinet at all). If you're a tinnitus victim you'll be glad to hear that (see what I did there?). It's controllable (you can switch back and forth between high harmonic, high harmonic plus sustained base note and the base note with smooth transitions for as long as the battery lives).

You don't have to fight feedback and feedback harmonics when you don't want them.

A sustainer doesn't care whether you have an active or a passive pickup.

There are no seven-string Sustainers. But you can still use one with a seven; you'll just want to pick the six strings you're mostly likely to use with the sustainer turned on.

On a Fernandes Sustainer PC board, you can run the Sustainer Intensity adjustment out to a standard potentiometer; it's a helpful adjustment that can be made on the fly, and I've dedicated one of the LP quad of controls to that one thing on a sustainer-equipped guitar.

You can sustain a note with a completely clean, undistorted tone using a low-power pickup (no requirement for hot pickups or amps in distress <G>. And you don't get harmonics you do NOT want in the process.

The cheapest way to get a Sustainer is to buy a guitar with one already installed. That saves on both the standalone kit cost and on the installation (it can be tricky). I prefer to buy the kit and have someone do the installation, but that's much more expensive. On the other hand, you get to decide placement of the switching and you get to decide if you'd like to have a different neck pickup (rather than relying on using the Sustainer Driver as your neck pickup, as the Schector does). You get to decide what PC board pots, if any, you want to extend for additional control.