I mean, acoustic guitars don't need electronics or an amp to be loud and are generally cheaper. Is there something I am missing?

Please don't ban me.
New amp.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

they're frigging awesome

there are sounds you can get on an electric which you can't get on an acoustic. and a plugged-in electric is way, way louder than an acoustic. they're the main reasons, I suppose.

it's kind of like saying, "why are motorbikes so awesome when bicycles are cheaper?" Maybe that's an analogy too far (and I should clarify that I've never ridden a motorbike, and haven't ridden a bike since I was a kid ), but yeah. That's kind of the difference right there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dat chug chug squee
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Can I change my answer to those two after mine?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Its not really about volume for me. For the most part I play my electric at about the same volume as my acoustic. I just like the electric for the fuzz, reverb and delay.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
I prefer to play an acoustic, because I prefer the tone. I have several high end guitars to choose from the wall, but I normally grab my go-to acoustic. At home, I practice rhythm and lead on acoustic almost 100% of the time. As someone else already mentioned, playing an acoustic builds finger strength and stamina. Now, when I'm playing out, it's a different story. I play with a rhythm guitarist and a bass player, so I typically grab my semi-hollowbody electric or my hybrid acoustic/electric, as the tone they produce fit in better with the group.