I have a T-Rex Reverb that makes strange warbling/hising noises, and I'm wondering if this is normal. It isn't coming from the guitar or the MV spot lights that generate a lot of rf noise, and I don't think it is the power source. Also the noise doesn't change with the pedal settings, except when switching between "modern" and "spring". I did discover that it is only occurs when the amp is turned up bright, so it might not be noticed at warm settings For example, I can't hear it on my Epi VJ at unmodded or moderately bright settings, but I can when I switch it to very bright. Likewise on the H&K Dual EL84, a bright amp, it is very obvious unless I turn both the mids and treble down.

Thanks for any insights.
The plot thickens. I took it down to my mate's music store, and tried it with a different power source and a battery through a Fender Twin, set bright. No problem, it worked perfectly. My mate gave me the power source to try at home. The problem returned, just as noisy with a battery and the new wall wart as it was with the old one. I wondering if it has something to do with that amp. - An H&K Statesman Dual EL84.

Any ideas?
Dirty power? What kind of power supplys did you use? Also, try it with a battery and see if it still does it at your house.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by bluestratplayer
Dirty power? What kind of power supplys did you use? Also, try it with a battery and see if it still does it at your house.

Thanks. It is the same with a battery or two different wall warts, through my two amps set bright, in my music room. No problem through a Fender amp in the shop. I think I'm going to have to to take the pedal and my amp down to the shop as the next move.

It's a decent spring reverb sound if I can ever get it to work for anything livelier than smooth jazz.
Last edited by Tony Done at Apr 10, 2014,