Okay, im looking for a new amp to get. Sorry if this gets too long, but im really new to this kind of stuff and I know most of you guys are very knowledgable and can possibly help.

First, I play a telecaster with seymour duncan pickups. My style of music ranges from rock/hard rock/ alternative/ hardcore/ pop. This is the style of music my band will pay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp8A-A1EZAw
(Please no critism)

Im looking to buy a tube amp, however since I am a poor college student working part time, im trying to get the best for such a tight budget of $500-$600. One with a built in distortion would be rad, and with amazing clean too. I prefer one that is about 20 watts, something to play a show with(im not too sure if thats too small) I played the Jet City 2212c, the 20 watt model, and I really liked it. The overdrive was good, but if anyone knows something that is really.
Im not looking for a bluesy, or classic rock amp with light crunch. Something with kickass overdrive, or i could buy a pedal. Im sorry if I leave little info, im just lost at what to know. Any help I would appreciate it.
Avenged Sevenfold Fan, proud of it.
I would recommend the 50 watt Jet City if you can swing it, if you won't be mic'd that is. A 50 watt Krank Rev Jr or 1980Jr, Peavey Ultra/XXX/JSX, or Marshall DSL could do as well.

What's your local craigslist? I can probably find you something.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
I would recommend the 50 watt Jet City if you can swing it, if you won't be mic'd that is. A 50 watt Krank Rev Jr or 1980Jr, Peavey Ultra/XXX/JSX, or Marshall DSL could do as well.

all solid recommendations.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Last edited by bluestratplayer at Apr 10, 2014,
Quote by classicrocker01
I would recommend the 50 watt Jet City if you can swing it, if you won't be mic'd that is.

Even mic'd a 50 watter JCA would be a good option for him because of the headroom, since he said he needs "amazing clean".

Go for the JCA5212RC.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by classicrocker01

This is a great list
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Okay I hate to bump my own thread, but after playing a solid state cab, I gotta say those sound pretty good as well. Let me rephrase this, if I wanted to play post hardcore with with a non tube, whatll give me the best sound, both distorted and clean, for a budget of about 600 us dollars. And what are the best pedals for post hardcore/ rock?
Quote by Mannypedraza
Okay I hate to bump my own thread, but after playing a solid state cab, I gotta say those sound pretty good as well. Let me rephrase this, if I wanted to play post hardcore with with a non tube, whatll give me the best sound, both distorted and clean, for a budget of about 600 us dollars. And what are the best pedals for post hardcore/ rock?

Why are you not wanting a tube amp?

I can't recommend any SS amps, there are a few Hybrid amps that would work good. Randall V2/T2, Krank Rev SST, Peavey Vypyr tube

But I would rather have any of the other amps that were mentioned, not because they are tube, but because they are just better amps
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
That band sounded kinda Marshal-y to me, maybe DSL2000 or JVM, but probably too expensive for your budget unless you can land one of the DSLs used.

JSX might be able to kinda get in there, Egnater Tweaker, or an older Marshall JCM900 maybe.
Well then, back to the price haha... I want an amp that can play a show
Quote by Robbgnarly
Why are you not wanting a tube amp
But I would rather have any of the other amps that were mentioned, not because they are tube, but because they are just better amps

that is what I am still wondering.
0 p (phone messing up).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Check out the Egnater Rebel too. I'm pretty sure its solid state. You just have to change the digital tubes every once in a while. A rebel 20 could be had in budget with a few $ left over for a cab or I'm sure you can score a Rebel 30 combo (2 channels) within range
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Apr 13, 2014,
Quote by lucky1978
Check out the Egnater Rebel too. I'm pretty sure its solid state. You just have to change the digital tubes every once in a while.

Rebel is all tube. I had one for a while. Pretty decent amp used.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
^Pretty sure that was sarcasm of some sort.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Rebel is all tube. I had one for a while. Pretty decent amp used.

Pffft...tube snob

(Jk, can I borrow an amp?)
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by diabolical
Try the DSL40 combos. Not as good as the US-made older models but see if you can try one:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DSL40C?utm_source=CSE&utm_medium=PPC&zmap=DSL40C&zmac=10&zmas=1&zmam=89202644&SID=0

FYI, Marshall is a British brand, they didn't even make amps in the USA.

Also, used old JCM2000 DSL combos cost less than new DSL40 combos. And you can find them pretty easily.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by Linkerman
Even mic'd a 50 watter JCA would be a good option for him because of the headroom, since he said he needs "amazing clean".

Go for the JCA5212RC.

That is the 2x12 combo and it is different to the 1x12 combo. The 2x12 version has a crunch channel and a clean channel. The 1x12 has a crunch channel and high gain channel. OP will be better off with the high gain channel 1x12 version.

Or get the 50 watt head and add a cab. That has the high gain channel also.

Also OP, the amps suggested by classic rocker (the Jet City included) are all amps that are capable of playing a show. They are tube. They will do a better job of getting the sounds you want than almost any solid state. All the bands you like use tube amps.
Last edited by wildozer at Apr 13, 2014,
Quote by wildozer
That is the 2x12 combo and it is different to the 1x12 combo. The 2x12 version has a crunch channel and a clean channel. The 1x12 has a crunch channel and high gain channel.

I know.

But I repeat, as TS said on the OP, he needs "amazing clean". The 5212RC has an amazing clean channel, and the crunch channel can be easily pushed into high-gain territory with the right distortion pedal IMHO.
I still think the JCA5212RC would be the best option.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Still think the Mesa I rec'd above would be good if it hasn't sold yet.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent