Page 1 of 4
I could have sworn there was a skateboarding thread around here. Search turns up nothing, though.

I used to skateboard as a kid in middle school, but got out of it because there was never a good place to skate near where I lived. Recently, though, I bought a basic blank deck complete skateboard off of eBay so that I can go skate at the local park for exercise, and to just be another thing to get me away from watching Netflix and playing video games all day.

One thing I've noticed is that skateboarding is not so popular with the older crowd anymore. I'm 20 now and, based on my viewing of Youtube videos and reviews, mostly middle-schoolers really seem to be into it. It just feels weird being my age and then looking on Youtube for reviews and only finding videos some 13 year olds have made. makes me feel old.

Anyway, I'm hoping there are some UGers still into it?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by c3powil

One thing I've noticed is that skateboarding is not so popular with the older crowd anymore. I'm 20 now and, based on my viewing of Youtube videos and reviews, mostly middle-schoolers really seem to be into it.

tony hawk and bam margera bro

tho i haven't heard anything about them for a long time.
ayy lmao
my deck just sits there in the corner collecting cobwebs.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
HA bro, you're old. Watch as what were fun activities become wildly inappropriate for your age.

That's why I just watch cartoons/animations.
Last edited by stratkat at Apr 10, 2014,
I still skate a bit, mostly to and from class but when it's nicer out I go to the park once in a while. I've never been good but was way better when I was just going into high school. I've noticed the same thing about younger kids though. Pretty much everyone in the park is younger than I am (21), especially when the high school across the street lets out. I feel like an old ass mofo out there and all these kids a SOOOOOO much better than me it's incredible. It baffles my mind that these high school/middle school kids are so good at skateboarding
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
i used to skateboard, i stopped about 3 years ago

I used to be really into it at one point, i could pop shove and just about heelflip. I wasn't great, but i really enjoyed it. I think I'd be much better if i took it up again now as I dont really care about hurting myself now lol

I only stopped because my friends were dicks and used to get annoyed because I wanted to skate. I can see their point but there's literally nothing else to do here... They're not really my friends now anyway so
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
I used to skate but was never any good. These days I just play EA Skate 3 and it's good enough.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I can't stand skateboarders because they don't seem to respect anything or anyone. All cunts in my experience
it always felt like you shouldn't be doing it past 18 unless you were sponsored by someone (even if it was just some small shop giving you free wheels or something) or competing in some form.

I only ever went skating with friends and I went separate ways from those guys at like age 19 and it wasn't the same skating by myself purely for fun. kinda need some kind of incentive to push to keep practising and get better tricks.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by willT08
I can't stand skateboarders because they don't seem to respect anything or anyone. All cunts in my experience

Yeah brah we don't got respect for shit. Our parents. Authority. Other people on the sidewalk. We don't respect them at all.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by willT08

Yes....

I could watch youtube videos of them getting arrested and trying to act tough all ****ing day. STOP SCRAPING UP THE HAND RAILS AT HOSPITALS, COLLEGES, AND DAY CARE CENTERS YOU LITTLE PRICKS!
Quote by lolmnt
Yeah brah we don't got respect for shit. Our parents. Authority. Other people on the sidewalk. We don't respect them at all.

The ones round me can't even figure out skating around the ruins of a cathedral that was destroyed by the nazis even though there's loads of signs telling them not to might be a tad disrespectful
I still skate, not as much as I used to. I'm 26, been skating since I was 13. Nowadays I skate a little old school freestyle deck.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
I got back into skating about a year ago when I bought myself a whole new setup. I don't really understand how, but I'm way better now than I ever was in high school.
Quote by chookiecookie
tony hawk and bam margera bro

tho i haven't heard anything about them for a long time.

I follow Tony Hawk on Twitter. He's still killing it, which is amazing considering his age.

Quote by willT08
The ones round me can't even figure out skating around the ruins of a cathedral that was destroyed by the nazis even though there's loads of signs telling them not to might be a tad disrespectful

>Skating a destroyed building
>Disrespectful

Oh no! That sign told me not to skateboard here! I better listen to it!
just to get around the paved parts of my property.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by archangels

>Skating a destroyed building
>Disrespectful

Oh no! That sign told me not to skateboard here! I better listen to it!

Yeah you should. It's a place where people come from across the world to see the destruction caused in the war, a lot of Germans come to see what happened here. Coventry was all but flattened by Nazi bombers and the ruins stand as the best reminder of it. Then if you want to sit in there and read about what happened and think all you can hear are cunty little skateboarders being pricks

twats the lot of them who can't think about anyone but themselves.
btw ts i am a fan of your avatar and user title combo
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by willT08
Yeah you should. It's a place where people come from across the world to see the destruction caused in the war, a lot of Germans come to see what happened here. Coventry was all but flattened by Nazi bombers and the ruins stand as the best reminder of it. Then if you want to sit in there and read about what happened and think all you can hear are cunty little skateboarders being pricks

I can't agree with this anymore
also as a skateboarder when you're rolling away down the road you must know that everyone who sees you hates you and wishes you'd shut the **** up and walk so we don't have to listen to your plank of wood coming at us
I was a skater for a grand total of 2 minutes when i was 15. I mastered standing on the skateboard and hurting myself by falling off the skateboard in record time, in fact i was so good at the second one that i ended up breaking my wrist. I had no interest in learning tricks or not making myself look like a twat on the skateboard so i stopped there, satisfied that one of my life's goals had been completed.
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

Quote by willT08
also as a skateboarder when you're rolling away down the road you must know that everyone who sees you hates you and wishes you'd shut the **** up and walk so we don't have to listen to your plank of wood coming at us

I love the sound of wheels rolling down a sidewalk.
KUH-THUNK
KUH-THUNK
KUH-THUNK
KUH-THUNK
KUH-THUNK
KUH-THUNK
KUH-THUNK
KUH-THUNK
KUH-THUNK
KUH-THUNK
Quote by archangels

I follow Tony Hawk on Twitter. He's still killing it, which is amazing considering his age.

that's pretty cool

pretty sure bam margera died a long time ago and he's just a meth powered cyborg these days

or something
ayy lmao
Quote by chookiecookie
that's pretty cool

pretty sure bam margera died a long time ago and he's just a meth powered cyborg these days

or something

I honestly hope so. That would be a hell of a lot better than whatever he's probably really doing right now. Dude's a prick and makes all of us look like assholes.
Quote by willT08

What if someone cracked an old church and has a rave party there?

Or for that matter abandoned buildings being constantly used for (illegal) acid techno parties.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I'm not trying to make any generalizations here, but when I was in middle school and high school about 95% of the guys there were idiots/wannabes/cunts skating just to be cool. So very few skated for the sake of skating.
Quote by archangels
I honestly hope so. That would be a hell of a lot better than whatever he's probably really doing right now. Dude's a prick and makes all of us look like assholes.

He doesn't make you look like assholes.

You do well on that yourself

I kid Bam is quite the douche tho. The last time he was relevant was when dunn died.

And he was never heard from again ;_;
ayy lmao
Quote by xxdarrenxx
What if someone cracked an old church and has a rave party there?

Or for that matter abandoned buildings being constantly used for (illegal) acid techno parties.

That's cool because they don't do it whilst people are mourning their lost family and place of worship
Quote by Deliriumbassist
My proudest ever moment was when I first landed a darkslide. Then I got old and fat.

I remember doing my first Darthslide...

Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Cardbored
I'm not trying to make any generalizations here, but when I was in middle school and high school about 95% of the guys there were idiots/wannabes/cunts skating just to be cool. So very few skated for the sake of skating.

That applies to damn near everything anyone did in middle school and high school.

Quote by chookiecookie
He doesn't make you look like assholes.

You do well on that yourself

The last time he was relevant was when dunn died.

RIP Ryan Dunn.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
My proudest ever moment was when I first landed a darkslide. Then I got old and fat.

Hot damn. I still have never even landed a single darkslide. Then again, I've never been much for grinding. I can pretty much only 50-50 and 5-0. I usually stick to flatland tricks and jumping down stairs.
I used to skate religiously. I could do just about every flip trick in regular and in switch. I was okay with grinds. The most fun I had was filming with my friends. It was such a thrill to start a line with a nollie kickflip (or something) followed by a grind on a bench and then launching myself down a massive set of stairs. I miss it but, I decided that without sponsorship, I should probably find something more useful and constructive to occupy my time with. Not to mention that I simply don't live in the right area to have enough support and California is not on my list of places I want to live.

Plus, I wasn't a natural like some people I knew. I'm reminded of Tony Hamlin(bmx but whtev) who's pro now. I remember watching him ride and being absolutely fearless; I could never be like that.

AnyWHOOO, I can't find any clips with me, so here's my buddy, Mickey.
http://youtu.be/pKkuaqinPNY

http://youtu.be/JaqQnSadjpM
Quote by archangels

Hot damn. I still have never even landed a single darkslide. Then again, I've never been much for grinding. I can pretty much only 50-50 and 5-0. I usually stick to flatland tricks and jumping down stairs.

Too bad it was the trick that single handedly ruined every single deck I owned.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Too bad it was the trick that single handedly ruined every single deck I owned.

Yeah I hated ruining my griptape.
Page 1 of 4