Page 1 of 2
After Letterman retires.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-stephen-colbert-host-late-show-letterman-20140410,0,3156075.story#axzz2yVPusdY2

Any thoughts? I love Colbert, but he's always in character / in satire mode on his show. Not sure what he'll be like just being a normal host. Also I'm kind of disappointed since I love watching Stewart/Colbert but I never watch any of those late night talk shows.

At least there's still a year left.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Last edited by AeroRocker at Apr 10, 2014,
#cancelcolbert

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Apr 10, 2014,
I think I am sad. Colbert is so great, and I feel like he is going to be wasting his time interviewing random dumbass actors and whatnot.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
I don't much care because Craigy Ferg is the only thing that matters

Colbert isn't that funny when he isn't doing satire IMO, but he has great writers so we will see. I can't see it being any worse than Fallon.
Last edited by bradulator at Apr 10, 2014,
I'm honestly kind of devastated by this news. Jon Stewart and Colbert are two of my favorite people in the world. Despite being comedy shows, they are just about as honest as a newscaster could possibly be (after translating the satire, of course) and I feel like they both do truly tremendous things for the world by their shows existing, and I feel like Colbert's talents are wasted leaving satirical journalism for a talk show.
Making fun of conservatives is like really easy though. I wanna see Colbert do something else and see if he can do it.
damn letterman was the only comedian that actually made me laugh

well stewart is funny too
ggg1 ggg3

He's gunna sing a lot, I bet.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt
He's gunna sing a lot, I bet.

That's probably a big reason CBS were looking at him. Gotta compete with Fallon and Colbert is also young and hip and musically talented and good at marketing.
Quote by bradulator
That's probably a big reason CBS were looking at him. Gotta compete with Fallon and Colbert is also young and hip and musically talented and good at marketing.

fallon is way younger than colbert, colbert is 49 years old lol
Can't believe people don't like Fallon, he's brilliant. Didn't like him at first but he's completely won me over the last few years. So much good stuff.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I can only watch so much Craig, I go through phases where I watch him every night for a month, then not at all for a year. Fallon has never made me laugh in my life (and Leno only did a few times), so I could care less. Colbert will do a good job and be classy about it, and I hope he doesn't have a Paul Schafer equivalent busting in and making unfunny jokes all the time. That's what killed Letterman for me.
Israel is a terrorist state.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Can't believe people don't like Fallon, he's brilliant. Didn't like him at first but he's completely won me over the last few years. So much good stuff.

he's so "I'M SO SILLY HAHA" all the time and not clever about it like conan

my grandma likes him so that makes him automatically awful too

i have mixed feelings about this news
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Dimarzio45
That's disappointing news. What ever happened with Conan?

Conan had to go, man.

Don't hate me for trying
ayy lmao
doesn't feel right to me. i would have wanted a more normal person as host and i only know him in his character
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Apr 10, 2014,
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Not too much a fan of his scripted stuff either but I just love his guest segments, his enthusiasm is infectious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4ajQ-foj2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU-eAzNp5Hw
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
fallon is alright

meyers is ****ing terrible

conan is cool i'll stick with him

Craig Ferguson is a better American than most Americans. This isn't good news.

#justice4ferg
Quote by MinterMan22
fallon is alright

meyers is ****ing terrible

conan is cool i'll stick with him

i can't get over Meyers set I mean who the **** thought that was acceptable?

It's a total disgrace
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Demon Wolf
i can't get over Meyers set I mean who the **** thought that was acceptable?

It's a total disgrace

He's gone from never hosting an hour show to hosting an hour show. It takes time to build a show.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
ConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConanConan
Quote by bradulator
I don't much care because Craigy Ferg is the only thing that matters

Colbert isn't that funny when he isn't doing satire IMO, but he has great writers so we will see. I can't see it being any worse than Fallon.

this

Quote by behind_you
damn letterman was the only comedian that actually made me laugh

Quote by captaincrunk

and this lol
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by lolmnt
He's gone from never hosting an hour show to hosting an hour show. It takes time to build a show.

I wasn't talking about that, just his set design. It's atrocious and it makes me uneasy watching the show.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Letterman is like a dude playing a creepy old man character, but the secret is that he's not actually acting.
Conan is easily the best talk show host out there right now. Fallon is funny though, I don't see how so many people don't like him.

I think Meyers has potential though. Like lolmnt said, he needs some time to get used to what he's doing.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Fine with this. Opens a slot on Comedy Central for The Chris Gethard Show.
Quote by uhh_me?
Fine with this. Opens a slot on Comedy Central for The Chris Gerhard Show.

please.

Or they might bump @midnight up and put Chris Gerhard at midnight, cuz that makes more sense.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by captaincrunk
fallon is way younger than colbert, colbert is 49 years old lol

no one really sees him as old though. His target audience is fairly young

Quote by Bob_Sacamano

probably because he's not trying to be clever. It's just his personality, lol
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Apr 10, 2014,
Credit where it's due, #CancelColbert was dumb as balls, but it does give them an absolutely perfect way to end The Colbert Report in-character.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Page 1 of 2