Hi guys!
Does anybody know what guitar this is? Cream white strat with the name "concorde" on it. No serial number or anything. Got it from a friend who got it from a friend, who said it was old...

(Invalid img)
Attachments:
20140410_203120z.jpg
Best I can tell, it's a Strat knock off from late 70's or early 80's. Probably made in Japan or somewhere else off of US shores. I doubt an american company could have made a headstock that close without Fender getting upset.
Not much on it out there.
Probably an alright playing guitar. I wouldn't get too excited about it being old, that doesn't always make it better.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
It's most likely a "Frankenstein" guitar. By that I mean that it's likely a mash-up of different guitar parts to make one guitar. I've never heard of Concorde guitars or Concorde guitar parts/accessories. This isn't to say that it doesn't (or didn't) exist, but it is (was) definitely not mainstream.

Usually the name Concorde in relation to guitars is referring to Rhandy Rhodes' guitar. He named this after the turbojet-powered Aérospatiale-BAC Concorde supersonic passenger airliner, a type of British/French aircraft that first flew in 1969, entered trans-Atlantic service in 1976 and was retired 2003.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
I found guys on YouTube playing Maya/Concorde and Concorde/Maya Strats. I found them after looking at some German language sites connecting those names.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd3ctY8GD9s&sns=em
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxBpgIrQ8KU&sns=em

http://www.musiker-board.de/pickups-wiring-e-git/554502-maya-concorde-stratocaster.html

AFAIK, Maya was a Japanese maker who stopped production in the mid-1990s after their factory was destroyed in an earthquake.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 10, 2014,
Thanks for the replies.
I have been searching the web all day for info, but i ended up with nothing.
It's a fixer-upper. Needs 2 bridge saddles and a set of strings. Maybe a look at the electronics too. Pickups work great, thou there is some static when i use the pickup-switch. The neck seems straight, but there is no truss rod... Strange guitar...

Edit; Found the truss rod... Why would anyone put it behind the pickguard...
Last edited by Hitman12x at Apr 10, 2014,
The only Concorde I can think of is made by Westone. This is not a Westone though.
Sounds interesting man! You should fix it up or have someone fix it up and let us know what's up.
Wow, that's sharp!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Thank you everyone for helping me out!
It's definitely a Maya concorde. I put it together today, and it sounds great. The clean sound is just amazing!
Something less amazing was the tuning pegs. They were sheit! Not the usual hole straight through, but they were formed like a U. The strings kept popping out when i was stringing it...
Can you show a picture of that?

A picture of the strings popping out and me running my hand through the door in rage, or a pic of the tuning pegs?
Here are the pegs. The stringwork is not very pretty, but im not picky. It works...
Attachments:
20140411_183106.jpg
How odd!

If the guitar feels good, plays good and sounds good, that is something you might replace down the road if it keeps bugging you.

Are they not vintage style tuners? If yes, you need to hold the string down around an inch from the peg, that way it'll stay in place.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Yeah, apparently i need to; quote;
"like with the bass tuners, the hole is in the middle of the
shaft between the split sides, you stick the end of your string
down into the hole, then wrap around, and start winding. "

Wish i had read that before i started loosing my mind...