Hey, i am going to buy my first electrical guitar for Rock smith 2014.
I not going to spend much money on my first guitar, not sure if really like playing
So I found these 3 guitars on Gear4music, but i am not sure witch one to pick

New Jersey II
La electric Guitar, sunburst
Harlem Electric Guitar, Black

And has anyone used the website Gear4music to buy stuff from?
Not sure if its a good site or not :/
Thanks
if you really want to play guitar don't buy dirt cheap axes like those. waste of money. not saying that you have to spend a fortune but those are all no name guitars.
I agree with the guy above. Even if you're unsure about playing guitar long-term, you should at least spend a little bit (like $200-250UD) more on a better guitar. Cheaper instruments, for the most part, won't be that comfortable to play.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by monwobobbo
if you really want to play guitar don't buy dirt cheap axes like those. waste of money. not saying that you have to spend a fortune but those are all no name guitars.

+1

something like a yamaha pacifica 112v or 112J is about as much as I'd really want to cheap out, ideally. it's normally around £200 or so.

never used G4M but it's a big shop and I think it's legit.

EDIT: if you won't listen to us about anything else then avoid the harlem one because it has a (presumably cheapo) floyd rose tremolo, and cheapo floyds are generally awful and make it virtually impossible to keep your guitar in tune.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Apr 10, 2014,
At a pinch i'd go for one of the squier guitars. The one i had many moons ago was playable enough, however i'm not sure what the current models are like.

The trouble with some of the cheaper entry level guitars is that they are more likely to put people off, due to their crap playability.

Gear 4 Music are ok BTW. Know people who have used 'em no probs.
Quote by Montop
Hey, i am going to buy my first electrical guitar for Rock smith 2014.
I not going to spend much money on my first guitar, not sure if really like playing
So I found these 3 guitars on Gear4music, but i am not sure witch one to pick

New Jersey II
La electric Guitar, sunburst
Harlem Electric Guitar, Black

And has anyone used the website Gear4music to buy stuff from?
Not sure if its a good site or not :/
Thanks

I have never heard of that site, but I always buy products from sweetwater.com, never had problems with those guys. Plus you get candy when the guitar arrives!
and also dude, Rocksmith isn't really the best idea for someone starting out. I would recommend real lessons from a guitar teacher.
banned
Quote by deadsmileyface
and also dude, Rocksmith isn't really the best idea for someone starting out. I would recommend real lessons from a guitar teacher.

agreed. a teacher is the best option just so you could get direct feedback.

another option is an online teaching system. i preferred Justin Guitar when i first started out.

here's the link:

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/BC-000-BeginnersCourse.php
Quote by Granata
agreed. a teacher is the best option just so you could get direct feedback.

another option is an online teaching system. i preferred Justin Guitar when i first started out.

here's the link:

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/BC-000-BeginnersCourse.php

+1
Getting a good teacher is a must unless you have VERY good ears and technique evaluation skills.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Quote by Granata
I have never heard of that site, but I always buy products from sweetwater.com, never had problems with those guys. Plus you get candy when the guitar arrives!

Sweetwater is an American site, not much use to someone shopping in £s

TS - I've ordered from Gear4Music loads of times, they've always been great for me.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
The trouble with some of the cheaper entry level guitars is that they are more likely to put people off, due to their crap playability.

Be careful when judging a guitar's playability off the shelf. Sometimes you can tell it's a dog, but often it just needs to be worked over a little.

I would allow $50 - $75 for a good setup, especially with a cheaper guitar, although I've also seen brand new $4,000 guitars that were virtually unplayable off the shelf. If the strings are too high, the nut slots too tight, the neck's out of whack, etc. it will be miserable to play, which will in turn affect your playing and enjoyment. A good setup tech (no, NOT your friend who "knows a lot about guitars" or the bimbo at the front counter at Guitar Center) can take a real junker and make it play smooth as butter, and trust me, you'll be glad you did it. In general, the VERY first thing I do with a new guitar is drop it off at the shop to be worked over.

As far as learning to play, there's all kinds of good advice out there. Ask a thousand players, get a thousand answers. I think over time, you develop a sense of what YOU want to play. You need to learn some basic chords, of course, and more important, learn what a chord IS, not just "put your fingers here, here and here."

Also spend some time learning the locations of the whole notes on the fretboard. Everything is based on this.

Virtually all good rock and blues players depend heavily, some almost entirely, on the pentatonic pattern. People like Hendrix, SRV, Eric Johnson, et. al. are/were all heavy pentatonic players. It's very important to get a feel for the pentatonic patterns and their relative (three frets down) patterns, and how to connect the two, until you can do it without thinking. One REALLY good way to learn this is the e-book at www.chordlessguitar.com. It's kinda hyped on the site, but it really does get you going on those pentatonics.

Lastly, practice seriously. So many new players "play" the guitar but never "study" it. Think of your practice sessions as "studying," not "playing," although of course you want to have fun. Remove distractions, set aside specific times, then spend X minutes doing warmups, X minutes practicing chords, X minutes on scales, X minutes on pentatonic patterns, and X minutes just farting around. You see some guys just sitting on the edge of the bed trying to play Stairway, plonka-plonka-plonka, and 10 years later they're still working on it. Don't be one of those. STUDY the guitar! Be a STUDENT of the instrument.

Good luck!
------------------------------
Ibanez Artstar AS80
Yamaha CG151C
Yamaha YPG225
Yamaha FG720S
Peavey Special 212
Vox Cambridge 15
DR Pure Blues .010s, Dunlop Gel Heavys
Last edited by Ruark at Apr 12, 2014,
Quote by GaryBillington
Sweetwater is an American site, not much use to someone shopping in £s

TS - I've ordered from Gear4Music loads of times, they've always been great for me.

Whoops. Missed the part where he said that he's using euros.
er, he's using pounds
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
er, he's using pounds

Pounds are what Americans use instead of kilograms aren't they!?!
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?