I noticed some chords don't seem to be supported on this site and I wonder if I am just typing them wrongly. For example I tried to write a F major 7th chord with diminished 5th as FM7b5, but it does not turn blue in the published result. This is really annoying, because I do not want to explain how it should be played.

Did I type the chord correctly?

Is there a guide to this on the site?

Are only the most basic chords supported (turning blue)?
I think he means if you look for a chord tab-no idea what the correct name is- for a song that the chords show up blue and you can see how to make the chord
I know what you mean I have had that problem my self, if you get too exotic then it's a gamble as to which will blue and which won't, ask emad he's the Tab guy round here, perhaps he can help.
Quote by bengthedlund
I noticed some chords don't seem to be supported on this site and I wonder if I am just typing them wrongly. For example I tried to write a F major 7th chord with diminished 5th as FM7b5, but it does not turn blue in the published result. This is really annoying, because I do not want to explain how it should be played.

Did I type the chord correctly?

Is there a guide to this on the site?

Are only the most basic chords supported (turning blue)?

So you're trying to spell F A Cb E?

Best,

Sean
Last edited by Sean0913 at Apr 11, 2014,
Try Fmaj7#11. I don't think there's really such a thing as a major 7th chord with a flat 5.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by Sean0913
So you're trying to spell F A Cb E?

Best,

Sean

Yes, I tried Fmaj7#11 and Fmaj7(#11) by the way, and that may be more correct, but it did not turn blue (except I did when I fail all the time )
The website is just stupid my bromie. They should put in a feature where the you yourself can input how to play the chord so different conventions of writing the name (Fmaj7#11, FM7#11, F^7#11, etc.) Don't matter as much.
Quote by bengthedlund
Yes, I tried Fmaj7#11 and Fmaj7(#11) by the way, and that may be more correct, but it did not turn blue (except I did when I fail all the time )

Assume it's F A B E - That would be an Fmaj7#11, but you have no 5th.

So if that's the case, I don't think the program's going to validate a chord being Fmaj7 #11 (no fifth).

Best,

Sean