They are finally here, I've waited almost 3 years to get some Bareknuckle humbuckers after I sold my Painkiller, but I've finally got some more, and I did it right this time. Took 6 weeks, but it was well worth the wait. They had to wind and hand make the covers for me when I ordered them, so they are fresh and totally virgin. They even still had potting wax on the bottom and sides of the pickups.

Installed them EDIT(NAILBOMBS) into the Tele, now it's the perfect guitar. Be jelly and bow to it.

I messed up the switch when I was installing these, the tele uses a odd style of toggle switch and I overheated one side of it, oh well, still works.

When I plugged it in to the Valveking, it sounded very dark to me, I'm so used to bright and punchy, that it threw me off. Didn't help that I used the .010 Rotosound strings that came with the pickups, never been a fan of how those strings meshed with the pickups, so I went and got my Daddario EXP Jazz/rock set strings and what a difference. More punchy and brighter.

The response of these pickups is ungodly, not quite what it was with my Painkiller, but the harmonics and overtones are to die for. Bass tracks fast, not as fast as the Painkiller, but I didn't really want that since I wanted a more pafish sound. Every note is crystal clear, and I can run an crazy amount of gain through them, and they are dead quiet...I mean, like silent hill quiet. Very woody, natural sounding pickup too, mahogany guitar with a carved spalted maple top( I checked, I was so surprised to see about a 1 cm thick slap of maple glued to the body when I had the pickups out). Might explain why it sounds so dark. Had to crank the treble on my VK all the way up, but now I can actually use the boost switch without it sounding harsh, which is a plus.

The cleans are exactly what I wanted, clear, bright( but not too bright), and detailed. A very contemporary clean sound that doesn't sound like Cold Play. I don't use cleans very often, never when I play live, but when I want them, I got them.

The tyger cover were came out better than I ever thought they could. I thought they were gonna be a more chrome color like they showed in the pictures, but they actually have this nice aged bronze color to them. Blends perfectly with the guitar.

I don't have any sound clips since all my recording equipment is in storage, but I'll hopefully have some up within the next 3-4 months. And trust me, $330 worth of pickups, I'll be spamming the Original Recordings forums with lots of songs.

Last edited by ethan_hanus at Apr 11, 2014,
So what models are they?
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Said pafish so I was leaning toward black dogs maybe.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
yeah dude. tell us what tehy are !!!!
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Beautiful, they look great in the guitar.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
nailbombs. only ones that look like whats on the website.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Lol, I can't believe I forgot to mention what model, I typed it up in a rush.

They are Nailbombs. Might have to get a new amp, just played with the band, and it sounds awesome, but the Valveking just sounds so dark with these pickups, a tele through a Super Champ was cutting through me like a knife...a friken knife.
Nice, happy npd

Also yeah, we wants da clipz
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That top with those pickups...
Oh gosh thats pretty.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals