Hello everyone
I bought a bass amp today (a Fender Rumble 150, It was used as a rental then I bought it out), and it sounds great. The problem is though, when I step up to a mic to sing I get a nasty little shock. I have have been playing in the same room, using the same outlet, PA and mics for many years, but when I brought in this new amp, i started getting shocks. It is a 3 prong power chord, and I used a voltmeter to check the outlet and it is working perfectly. I have also tried every other available outlet and the same thing happens. Does anybody have an idea what might be going on?
Quote by metal4eva_22
When I read the title I laughed. Does that make me a bad person?

It probably does, because from what I have read people have died from this.
Hmmm. I see that this forum is probably not as helpful as i thought... Thanks for nothing. I thought this was a real guitar player forum, but I can see that you regulars all use it as a place to touch each other electronically, and troll real musicians. Have a good night! I hope you lose that virginity one day!
Quote by Cordellanderson
Hmmm. I see that this forum is probably not as helpful as i thought... Thanks for nothing. I thought this was a real guitar player forum, but I can see that you regulars all use it as a place to touch each other electronically, and troll real musicians. Have a good night! I hope you lose that virginity one day!

you didn't even try the guitar forum
Improper grounding somewhere.

I'm not well versed in this area, but i have read other people have this problem from improperly grounded amps or mics so don't take this too far.
KIFFLOM
Quote by Cordellanderson

Well I was going to tell you the correct place to ask this question, but now you've hurt my feelings ;_;
Quote by Cordellanderson

I've asked a mod to move this thread to a more relevant forum. The Pit is for off-topic conversations. If you don't want to wait for a mod, then repost this in either the Guitar Gear & Accessories forum, or the Guitar Building & Customisation forum. The choice is yours.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
I've asked a mod to move this thread to a more relevant forum. The Pit is for off-topic conversations. If you don't want to wait for a mod, then repost this in either the Guitar Gear & Accessories forum, or the Guitar Building & Customisation forum. The choice is yours.

Thank you
You're welcome, and may God guide you on your quest.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel

this is a post by my friend babby joel

in this post he displays why he is such a good guy

typically most people would see this tread and "troll" as kids today call it

but babby joel is different

babby joel is compassionate and warm

babby joel has several other virtuous characteristics which are constantly on display

i hope everyone who sees this thread can take a lesson in humanity from my friend babby joel

keep up the good work pal

+1 on babby joel
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.