https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMtSO8EBaas

previously something completely different, ended up getting ideas after a lot of resampling and pitch-shifting/repitching to tempo. sounds pretty lo-fi, but i find that it's hard to do- particularly because you're trying to distinguish creative noise/frequency masking from a just a plain shitty mix.

ultimately though there's not really much to it. just want some input. C4C
Last edited by Dregen at Apr 11, 2014,
As I listen:

Awesome intro; kind of jarring, but very tense and dramatic. The only thing I'd change is that by two minutes in, I think the held out guitar chords should be a little more dominant. I think some extra guitar tracks with varying amounts of distortion could make it stronger.

I think you need to vary the track much earlier (around the two minute mark), or cut it down to a shorter track. I love what you have, you make a very full, interesting sound, but it just repeats too much.

C4C? Links are in my sig.
Quote by herby190
As I listen:

Awesome intro; kind of jarring, but very tense and dramatic. The only thing I'd change is that by two minutes in, I think the held out guitar chords should be a little more dominant. I think some extra guitar tracks with varying amounts of distortion could make it stronger.

I think you need to vary the track much earlier (around the two minute mark), or cut it down to a shorter track. I love what you have, you make a very full, interesting sound, but it just repeats too much.

C4C? Links are in my sig.

there's actually no tracked instruments in this (only real instrument is a piano haha), just hella noise with reverb/resonant frequencies/tape saturation/sidechain compression/other fx.

but i know what you mean, i'll give it a shot sometime later when i don't have a splitting headache i think tracking some guitar with it would be a pretty ace idea too. might have some trouble w/ blending and such but i can work it out.

(i'll crit a song after i smoke real quick)
Last edited by Dregen at Apr 11, 2014,
Absolutely stunning first half. I like the long fade-out. Something like this would work great in a sligthly psychedelic movie or game or something. It's already haunting me.. I don't have much to say, it works really well for you were trying to accomplish. Good job man!

Have a listen? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32564055#post32564055