Iv a jcm 2000 dsl 50 /425 A cab with greenbacks ...for just some fun today I turned my volume nob up to 8,9, and 10 , I had to stand outside the room while playing haha! I was on the overdrive Channel with the gain at 6 .5...at that volume the feedback was just to bad to even play ,I played a few riffs but even as I was playing there was this huge fuzz in the background and as soon as is stop the feedback would be back in an instant...

My questions are :is there an art playing that loud ? Like how do big bands have huge stacks all turned up to 10 in an arena yet still no major feedback isdues ,or is there a pedal or something???
Microphones
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Yes, there is a real art to it. You have to be much more careful about muting unplayed strings and you have to get used to pulling down the volume on the guitar when you stop. You also need low microphonic pickups so that the only feedback you get is from string vibration, not pickup coil vibration. Even with low microphonics you have to be a bit careful about where you stand. Get too close and your feedback ceases to be musical.
In short, it takes a lot of practice and the right gear.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah, that amp is probably just sensitive to your guitar. The fuzz is either just your ears naturally distorting the sound because it is so loud, or the gain is just too high. When the volume is all the way up, the gain amount increases significantly. I'd say try turning down the gain. Also, move all electronics that are near the amp, stand back, and make sure you have potted pickups. Another thing you might wanna try is a noise gate/noise suppressor, start by setting the decay down and the thresh at half, and that should get rid of some background fuzz.
Edit: @ TS^^They run noise gates, and they also mute with both hands when not playing and/or turn the guitar volume knob down when not playing.

If you're going to play that loud I'd really recommend getting a noise gate. I run a Boss NS-2 in the "x" pattern so that it gates the guitar+tubescreamer signal AND the preamp signal (which is actually where most of my rig's noise comes from). I can turn my 6505+ up to stadium volume levels and when I mute both strings it is dead silent in the room instantly.

So, yeah. Some feedback can be a good thing though. I typically don't set my NS-2 for its most aggressive settings so that I can actually have controlled feedback when I want it. Maxed out, it will pretty much kill all sounds until I start playing fairly hard. One time in a solo "gig" situation, I actually had an embarrassing performance. I had set the NS-2 for too much threshold and too quick of a decay, and when my song went into a lead part in the upper frets/strings, there was not enough signal on those notes to make it through the noise gate. Needless to say, I was up there wondering why there was no sound on my leads. I won't make that mistake again!
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Noise gates are for novices. Real musos use their fingers.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^^Yeah, but with an amp as noisy as mine, that's a lot of volume knob turning. And even perfect string muting won't get rid of the preamp noise.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Wow some awesome tips there guys , nice one !so the louder the volume the less gain you will need ,quickly turn the volume nob off on the guitar after each song and invest in a noise gate I like the idea of pure silence then BAM !,also get better with my hands muting etc ! cheers !
Big bands also don't have giant stacks with the knobs turned up to 10. There's a lot of empty cabs on stage when they play, and usually, the real amps are on a rack backstage piped out to the house system.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by ryanbwags
Big bands also don't have giant stacks with the knobs turned up to 10. There's a lot of empty cabs on stage when they play, and usually, the real amps are on a rack backstage piped out to the house system.

This.

Even those that do... they're not standing in a house, they're standing on a stage where the acoustics are completely different and they're physically much further from their amps.

Feedback is all about physics and basically by diming the volume, adding a fair bit of gain and standing closer than at least 5-6 meters you're stacking everything against yourself.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
This.

Even those that do... they're not standing in a house, they're standing on a stage where the acoustics are completely different and they're physically much further from their amps.

Feedback is all about physics and basically by diming the volume, adding a fair bit of gain and standing closer than at least 5-6 meters you're stacking everything against yourself.

And they're still mic'ed. You're not hearing the sound directly from the amps anywhere you go.
Quote by ryanbwags
And they're still mic'ed. You're not hearing the sound directly from the amps anywhere you go.

No, you're not, but they might do on stage. Depends on the gig and the band really.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
No, you're not, but they might do on stage. Depends on the gig and the band really.

Agreed.
Massive feedback? Just turn it down.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
Massive feedback? Just turn it down.
Is that English? I see words that I recognise but they make no sense in that order. Maybe it's some sort of cypher?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Is that English? I see words that I recognise but they make no sense in that order. Maybe it's some sort of cypher?

I tried putting it into google translate under "detect language" and it couldn't so idk
banned