I don't know if this applies to other places, but definitely where I live, I know that my local guitar and bass players all just want to be better then each other

I know that as musicians we all want to get better and that fine and dandy, but I can't understand why they are downright spiteful towards each other when it comes to talent.

I don't know if I'm being real passive here, but I think its much more better if we all just, help each other, music is meant to fun, so I don't see why everyone is being so harmful about it and using it as a weapon?

Is this just me that has to deal with this?
It's an age thing mate we've all done it, as you get older you'll find people realise what idiots they use to be.

Find some of the decent ones and hang with them instead, don't get pulled into all the bullshit.
^ sounds like someone wasn't good enough to be the best guitarist in town...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
^ sounds like someone wasn't good enough to be the best guitarist in town...

I'm not and probably won't be, but being a technical player was never the reason I started.
Quote by KingChris90
This thread is the movie Crossroads.

In the next scene we're going to have Steve Vai pop up (read: some idiot who thinks he can play as well as Steve Vai, despite having only been playing for less than 5 years), and he'll try to "duel" TS. Stay tuned for the guitar duel between TS and the devil's guitarist! Duh duh dunnnnn!
Quote by SB1551

Yes.

Everybody knows that the guitar was invented for guys to do battle for mating rights. The better guitarist you are, the more likely your offspring will survive.

It often ends to the death, but ultimately it's for the best to those around them. Like me.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 11, 2014,
Quote by SB1551
I don't know if I'm being real passive here, but I think its much more better if we all just, help each other, music is meant to fun, so I don't see why everyone is being so harmful about it and using it as a weapon?

yea i agree, much more better
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by Malchius
I'm not and probably won't be, but being a technical player was never the reason I started.

you're like if ash didn't want to be the very best like no one ever was
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Some guitarists are in it for the music and tend to lift other players up. Some guitarists think every gathering is simply a guitar cutting contest. The ones in it for the music are always more interesting players.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Yes.

Everybody knows that the guitar was invented for guys to do battle for mating rights. The better guitarist you are, the more likely your offspring will survive.

It often ends to the death, but ultimately it's for the best to those around them. Like me.

This is true. It also proves that evolution is a lie because if evolution was a thing wouldn't we have all evolved to a have natural appendage to challenge for mating rights? The guitar was a gift from The LORD to prove whose seed was worthy of carrying on HIS will and spreading HIS word.

Check mate atheists.
sometimes I think it is is just a guitarist thing.
In my experience, it's always the ****ing guitarist who will fill any white space with random 'shred.'
It's always the guitarist that thinks playing 10000 notes/min equals being the best musician ever.
Maybe It's just a problem with untrained musicians. Always showing someone up who is in your band is just unprofessional and childish.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Quote by theogonia777
you're like if ash didn't want to be the very best like no one ever was

To catch them is my real test.
Quote by KingChris90
To catch them is my real test.

malchius would have only tried to catch maybe like 6 or 7 and then would have been satisfied with a cascade badge and a level 19 ivysaur
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Cajundaddy
Some guitarists are in it for the music and tend to lift other players up. Some guitarists think every gathering is simply a guitar cutting contest. The ones in it for the music are always more interesting players.

there's those in it for the music

and there's those in it for the music theory

don't be the second yeh hmu
Quote by theogonia777
malchius would have only tried to catch maybe like 6 or 7 and then would have been satisfied with a cascade badge and a level 19 ivysaur

^I'm the first one.
Quote by willT08
there's those in it for the music

and there's those in it for the music theory

don't be the second yeh hmu

Playing guitar very fast and memorising shapes is not what music theory is, Will. But I'm not having this argument again. And Sam, if you see this, don't you fucking dare start it.
Quote by angusfan16
it's prolly cuz they're 15 yr olds.

/thread
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by SB1551
I don't know if this applies to other places, but definitely where I live, I know that my local guitar and bass players all just want to be better then each other

I know that as musicians we all want to get better and that fine and dandy, but I can't understand why they are downright spiteful towards each other when it comes to talent.
I personally like it when they act this way.

It helps me pick out who actually sucks (which are usually those with that attitude).
Though at the same time, I can't say it's wrong to set a goal to sound better than a player you think rivals you. As douchey as the attitude is it'll help you learn new things and become a better player in the long run.