I have a Peavey Special 212 Transtube amp about 12 years old. This is a 100W SS amp with tube emulation. It's never really been used much, just sat in the corner of a bedroom. It's really too much amp to use in a house. I use it sometimes, but normally, just practicing in the bedroom, I use a little 1X10 Vox amp I have. I've never gigged with it or hauled it around or anything like that.

It has three channels: clean, lead and ultra. The problem is that sometimes one channel doesn't produce any sound, or produces a VERY VERY weak sound, like I have to turn it all the way up to hear anything at all coming out of it. Next time I turn it on, it works fine (and this amp will blow the windows out on "3" or "4.").

Sometimes a channel will work OK, but it'll be weak - for example, I'll turn it up to "10" to get the same loudness I would normally get on "2."

Any ideas? Should I try to fix this ($$$), or just write it off? Maybe take the circuit board out and blow the dust out of it???? I'm really kinda disappointed; I've had several Peavey amps over the years and they've always been rugged as tanks.
------------------------------
Ibanez Artstar AS80
Yamaha CG151C
Yamaha YPG225
Yamaha FG720S
Peavey Special 212
Vox Cambridge 15
DR Pure Blues .010s, Dunlop Gel Heavys
Does the volume (or gain) pot on that channel make any noise when you turn it?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I have ths special 112 mine does that sometimes try jumping the effects loop with a patch cable if your not running anything in the loop. other then that I would clean all the jacks and you may have to clean pots also. I have also had to push the reverb connection in to make a better connection.
Doesn't that count as an excuse to get a new amp? Lotsa good deals out there.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20