The title speaks for itself.

I've replaced the nut on one of my guitars myself, and it went together just fine, but it's just come loose. I used a fairly strong water-based wood glue, it's very similar to Elmer's (called Evostick). But evidently it just doesn't stick to TUSQ very well.

I want to avoid using superglue since it's too strong and I don't want to risk tearing a piece of the neck out if i ever have to replace the nut again.

So what glue do you suggest for string nuts that is able to stick to TUSQ decently? Can you ideally suggest something that is very readily available?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 11, 2014,
Just a dab of super glue is what I have always used.

Remember just a little dot in the middle and press it down. This will seat it just fine, and allow you to change it easily if you ever need to
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
are you sure I won't do any damage if i use such an adhesive that way?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
No it is completely fine, I have been doing it for years and the guy who showed me has been doing it since the 1970's without issue

But only a small dot in the middle, or it doesn't want to come off
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
OK thanks.

I'm also assuming to not place the dot on lower edge of the nut facing the fingerboard, because it's endgrain.

I'm probably completely overthinking it, but I just don't want to be the poor bastard who can't take the nut off without causing damage.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R