Ok play mostly ambient music (think: Sigur Ros, God is an astronaut, hammock, this will destroy you, explosions in the sky)

My current setup is a Telcaster into a blues jr.
My delay section is: Boss DD5 with tap and a TC flashback delay.
My reverb section is: Line 6 verbzilla and TC Hall of fame

Im thinking about selling all of those and with some spare cash getting a Strymon Timeline and Bluesky.

What do you think?
I would keep the flashback and Hall of fame, sell the others and get the strymons. realize you'd have to put in extra but you would have extra sounds available.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
I've got the Timeline, Big Sky and Mobius currently. Had the El Cap and Blue Sky. Blue Sky sucks balls, and Big Sky is just okay. Neither are very good for ambient tones. The Big Sky does a solid spring/room/hall though. The Timeline and Mobius are great though. Only bad sound in the Mobius is the mediocre TZF.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Damn that sucks, all the clips of the blue sky make it sound really good.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
It's really crappy, IMO. The only reverb I've liked less was that cheapie Mooer. The spring emulation is hilariously bad, and doesn't sound anything like a real spring reverb, plus it's got this weird high end sheen you can't dial out. The room mode loses the high end sheen, but just doesn't sound very good. The damping controls have a lot of range, but not many good sounds. The plate is somewhat okay. The shimmer is so bad it's a joke. Modulation isn' absolutely horrible, but the lack of control makes it useless. It's weird, because the spring emulation on the Flint and Big Sky is actually really good, so I don't know how they screwed it up in the Blue Sky that bad.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Maybe just tried to make it do so much, that it doesn't do anything well
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by mmolteratx
I've got the Timeline, Big Sky and Mobius currently. Had the El Cap and Blue Sky. Blue Sky sucks balls, and Big Sky is just okay. Neither are very good for ambient tones. The Big Sky does a solid spring/room/hall though. The Timeline and Mobius are great though. Only bad sound in the Mobius is the mediocre TZF.

strange, because every band ever has a blue sky haha
I play a decent amount of post-rock here are some of my thoughts:

I would personally go with the El Capistan instead of the Timeline. I was looking at getting a Timeline last year and I liked the way the El Capistan sounded better.

I never liked the BlueSky and the Big Sky. I hate the sound of shimmer effects and I feel that although the Strymon has a lot of sounds, I would only end up using 1-2 of the them. I would look into the Wet Stereo Reverb personally.
Have you considered Line 6?

My M9 killed my Strymon GAS. Rare that that happens considering the price gap, but it saves me quite a few benjamins.

I'm quite happy with the L6 Spring and Octo settings. When I use them, I don't think "I wish I had a BlueSky". The delay is absolutely killer. The L6 Digital Delay sounds better to me than anything anyone else has out.

Obviously at this level preference plays a huge part though.

I made this video a little while ago, just me playing aimless wank for a couple minutes with my pedals (I like making ambient sounds as well).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR3ZK_lqN2U
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Apr 12, 2014,