Song 3
5 20%
Song 4
10 40%
Voters: 25.
Page 1 of 2
Hai

Kids are mean, especially this one:

"Look, if you don't play your dad is going to war." - Bruno Aleixo, when he was in school

Bruno Aleixo, knowing how to get his way since he was born. Here's a picture of him when he was a kid:
Then he had plastic surgery and now looks like this:

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "Absolute" (Scarmadillo)

2 - "Damn Son" (Joshua1207)

3 - "Bovine Matters" (whywefight, FoOltz, FlipComplex)

4 - "Laugh" (sickman411, semiquaver)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's last week's most voted song, from sickman411 and semiquaver, the song "Easy To Understand"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Monday. The winner of this week's voting will become a mod in our group.

------------------
Let this be a lesson

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1639607

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: The voting is over! This week's winners are sickman411 and semiquaver, with the song "Easy To Understand" with 5 votes!
(They'll be mods on our group, until the next voting)

In second place, and the runner ups, Scarmadillo's song "Absolute", with 6 votes!
Also whywefight, FoOltz and FlipComplex's song "Bovine Matters" with 6 votes as well! (one extra vote from ehbacon, who also got banned and couldn't vote on the poll).

Thank you all for voting (and participating)!
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Apr 14, 2014,
I don't think there has ever been a better reason to vote

Ain't no one gonna get no aids up in my pussy

Also the link to bovine matters is borked
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Last edited by the bartender at Apr 12, 2014,
I don't have a cat and I hate cats. Let the cat AIDS commence.

#Dogsarebetter #****cats

EDIT:

1. Good for a backing track, sucks for anything else.

2. Weird as ****. Like holey shit that was weird.

3. Broken.

4. lol, reminds me of something from a twilight knockoff, that's right, not even good enough to be an authentic twilight thing.

I vote none of the above.
Last edited by metal4eva_22 at Apr 12, 2014,
Quote by the bartender
I don't think there has ever been a better reason to vote

Ain't no one gonna get no aids up in my pussy

Also the link to bovine matters is borked

Quote by Minicaxotinho
Song 3 is FIXED.

Sorry guys

I vote song 3 because it is the least terrible, though all are pretty bad.
Quote by metal4eva_22

I hope your pussy gets aidsed up for being such a negative nancy

I voted for sickman and semiquaver, it reminded me a lot of this song by a dutch guy called Spinvis. It's sung in dutch so you're not gonna understand a word of it but I'm sure you will love the music so I'm sharing it anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dMoWZDrREA

Quote by metal4eva_22

I'll take it

Voted for sickman and semiquaver, I love the somber feel mixed with the sort of happy chorus
Last edited by FoOltz at Apr 12, 2014,
Cats can get the cat version of aids, Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
Hey guys!!
Very few songs this week :/

I ended up voting fot FoOltz, WWfight and flipcomplex! It kinda reminds me of SexPistols. :P

Cheers!
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there" Miles Davis
Thanks bartender and FoOltz! And a bunch of other people.

I heard the songs yesterday and I think I know who I'm going to vote for but I'll give them one more listen.

Quote by metal4eva_22

I respect the fact that you don't like any of the songs, but do keep in mind that all the songs in these threads are very rushed. We're doing them in a week, and some of us put out one of these nearly every week. They're not supposed to be very thought-out or have a very polished sound. I just wanted to put it out there.

Also, the number of songs has been really low... I hope it doesn't remain that way for the next few weeks.
Quote by unnamedplayer
Cats can get the cat version of aids, Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV).

i had an awesome house cat that actually died from that
I feel bad for not making a song. I'll make one next week, I swear.

Anyway, metal4evah is clearly a pleb 'cause I thought all the songs were really good.
It's 'cause of the sophistimicated taste I gots, ya know?

I voted for Bovine Matters. Beam me up.

@sickman. I got your message last night and I was thinking "yup" might have been a bit ambiguous, so let's try "yes, I'll make my song available for download."
Voted for Scarmadillo. Great song.

And Duane, yeah I got it, I was going to reply but I forgot. Thanks for the song. This week's ones are all available for download already and I've already got all the previous ones so I'll be able to make the third compilation album shortly after this week's voting ends.

Also, thanks Chev.
Quote by the bartender
I hope your pussy gets aidsed up for being such a negative nancy

I voted for sickman and semiquaver, it reminded me a lot of this song by a dutch guy called Spinvis. It's sung in dutch so you're not gonna understand a word of it but I'm sure you will love the music so I'm sharing it anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dMoWZDrREA

Lol. Spinvis \m/
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by sickman411
I respect the fact that you don't like any of the songs, but do keep in mind that all the songs in these threads are very rushed. We're doing them in a week, and some of us put out one of these nearly every week. They're not supposed to be very thought-out or have a very polished sound. I just wanted to put it out there.
The major issues I have with all of these tracks is not the writing, nor the production value. But the actual performances themselves. They could have been light-years better, and there's no excuse for the true flaws they carry.

If there's anything I've found from listening to these tracks, it's that the Pit needs to do one of two things:

1.) Learn how to sing

2.) Stop singing. Period.

I'm not even trying to be a dick here, the 2 more tolerable tracks (3 and 4) were pretty much butchered by the horrid off-key vocals, not to mention off-time and not even compressed so they were all over the place.

As rude as I may sound saying this (which you'd probably expect me to be but I'm not trolling here) can you people not hear the massive flaws in yourself when you sing? It's so bad that it legitimately makes the songs intolerable to listen to.

If I had to vote, the 4th for the guitar work. Could really go without having to endure those vocals though.
Last edited by Ian_the_fox at Apr 12, 2014,
It seems that the pessimists have found us. Be more constructive with your feedback please.

Quote by the bartender
It seems that the pessimists have found us. Be more constructive with your feedback please.
The hell do you mean by "pessimist?" That's like the nicest I could've been.

The tracks have flaws and those performing need work and improvement, simple as that.
I voted for Absolute; still needs more going on in it and probably a new verse. Maybe switch up the drums a bit. Maybe more synth parts. IDK

It was the only song that I fealt was really going anywhere (That said, maybe add some more build up during the intro).

Honorable Mention:
Idea 2 was pretty unique and had me lol'ing at some points. Very creative.

Edit- Also, if you're going to write a slow song, don't start with the most uneventful part for the intro unless there's a sign(s) of build up and/or change. If you bore your listener within the first 20-30 seconds of the song, it will most likely not be listened to in its entirety.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Apr 12, 2014,
What's funny is people like Ian and metal, who never come in these threads, commenting in the thread with only 4 songs and only when they dislike them. How bout the other 17 weeks worth of songs or any of the compilation albums?
Quote by Ian_the_fox
The hell do you mean by "pessimist?" That's like the nicest I could've been.

You are focussing on negative things. That's pessimism.

Now I wish I'd written I song this week. All of a sudden the rest of the Pit decides to come vote.

I'm kinda worried. I think I might be developing or might have a light case of De Quervain's Tendinosis or something. (which is why I didnt participate)

Also, to everyone complaining about singing, production ect, you should look past that
and listen to the songs as if they were perfect and focus on the structure, flow, melodies ect. This is a songwriting game, it's not about execution. It's about the abstract musical qualities of the songs.
Last edited by Duaneclapdrix at Apr 12, 2014,
It was a toss-up between Bovine Matters and Laugh for me, but I ended up voting for Laugh. I felt it was a little more interesting.
Quote by Duaneclapdrix
Now I wish I'd written I song this week. All of a sudden the rest of the Pit decides to come vote.

Honestly, I completely forgot about these competitions.
Quote by the bartender

I'll take negative criticism over no criticism any day.

Even if the one critiquing is Ian.
Quote by chev311e
What's funny is people like Ian and metal, who never come in these threads, commenting in the thread with only 4 songs and only when they dislike them. How bout the other 17 weeks worth of songs or any of the compilation albums?
Because my cats are like family to me and I don't want them to die of AIDS. That's why.

Quote by the bartender
I can't help but to focus on the negative things, they're far too prevalent.

To me if you have to overly focus on the small things that make a song good and try to block out the lacking aspects, that's when you know you need serious improvement.
Quote by whywefight
Traditionally foxes eat cats so you're not a very good method actor
That's actually a myth. They'll viciously attack cats if they're rabid, and they can kill kittens for sure, but any well adjusted cat in shape who still has their claws will likely be able to fight of a typical red fox with no problem.

Usually when you hear of a fox "getting" someone's cat it most likely either got hit by a car, got killed by a large dog or coyote, shot by someone, or taken by animal control.
Quote by Dimarzio45
Honestly, I completely forgot about these competitions.

Well then, I suppose you're going to have to go back to all the previous threads and tell us who you would have voted for.

If you hadn't have forgotten then you wouldn't have to do this, but there's nothing to be done I'm afraid.
Page 1 of 2