Hi guys!

I need your opinion about buying guitar.
I want to buy Schecter OMEN EXTREME 6 FR or C1-FR with tommy iommi hum and godlen hum.
I play rock/metal.
What do you say about these two guitars? Which one is better?
do you recommend any other with tremolo?

Thanks.
Quote by blablaace
Hi guys!

I need your opinion about buying guitar.
I want to buy Schecter OMEN EXTREME 6 FR or C1-FR with tommy iommi hum and godlen hum.
I play rock/metal.
What do you say about these two guitars? Which one is better?
do you recommend any other with tremolo?

Thanks.

Schecter makes great guitars, in this case it depends on what you want. The Omen is cheaper, but has a cheaper construction (bolt on) while the Hellraiser is set. To alot of people this alone is a deal maker/breaker.
-Main Gear-
ESP Ltd V-401 + D Activator N&B
De Armond/Guild 2000 M72 Bluesbird w/ USA Toastertops
Peavey JSX & XXL
Mesa Boogie Rectifier Vertical 2x12
Airis Effects Savage Drive
any guitar used for rock/metal with a bolt on is a deal-breaker for me. Also do you really need the floyd rose?
Quote by vayne92
any guitar used for rock/metal with a bolt on is a deal-breaker for me.

wait what?

also i dunno what a godlen hum is.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i am total noob and i dont now what is bolt on.
i would really like to have floyd.
but if it isnt good, pls recommend me another guitars.

and this is that c1 fr
http://prntscr.com/39fyyb
Last edited by blablaace at Apr 12, 2014,
Quote by blablaace

and this is that c1 fr

A bolt on is a neck that's held to the body by screws, while a set neck is a neck that's glued to the body. Think Strats vs Les Pauls.

I don't mind either, really. But are you sure you want a Floyd? I mean, is this your first electric guitar? Because if it is, you might wanna get one with a normal floating trem first. Floyds will either make you better at set up (if you follow the Floyd guide here), or it will kill your guitar when poorly setup.

Quote by Dave_Mc
wait what?

also i dunno what a godlen hum is.

I'm guessing it's a humbucker with a gold-plated cover.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Last edited by Archer250 at Apr 12, 2014,
It's not my first electric guitar. I play guitar more then 2 years. I will not setup it. I have a few friends who know a lot about guitars, they will setup it for me.
for someone playing 2 years i would strongly discourage getting a guitar with a floyd. i bought my first floyd 3 years into my playing and i was convinced it would be great and that i would use it a lot etc. Granted i use it a bit, but it was the purchase i regret the most. I plan on selling that guitar at some point actually. I don't care to learn how to properly set one up myself and its been unused for years and years. I have never bought a floyd since and i don't plan on buying one again any time soon.
Floyd Rose = Pain in the ass to change tunings. It's okay if you stick to just one guitar tuning though.

The C1 is a nicer guitar but it costs more. Both are decent. I have a hellraiser C1 without the floyd and it's great.
vayne92,
I know what i want:p
I play guitar up to 3 hours per day.

I think that I will stay in normal tuning :p
Quote by blablaace
vayne92,
I know what i want:p
I play guitar up to 3 hours per day.

I think that I will stay in normal tuning :p

This is a worrisome thing to say my friend, because when the day comes that you change tunings on it (which you will because you play rock/metal) you'll not have fun and you'll wonder.. "was that s1ck divebomb open E drop really worth it"?
Up to you though, I would just discourage it because myself and many other guitarists i know have gone through the same thing.
Last edited by vayne92 at Apr 13, 2014,
But i have 2 more guitars. LP Custom Pro and SG G-400 vintage
And I want now guitar with tremolo
Quote by vayne92
This is a worrisome thing to say my friend, because when the day comes that you change tunings on it (which you will because you play rock/metal) you'll not have fun and you'll wonder.. "was that s1ck divebomb open E drop really worth it"?
Up to you though, I would just discourage it because myself and many other guitarists i know have gone through the same thing.

He already told you three times he wants a Floyd. Give it a break..
^ +1. He also claimed bolt-ons weren't as good for metal, which is a subjective opinion at best (if you ask me, it's flat-out wrong).

if he has other hardtail guitars and is willing to use them for altered tunings, and is willing to learn to set up a floyd (or let his friends do it- i'd caution though that claiming you know a lot about guitars is not the same as actually knowing, we get tons of threads in here about things "friends" said and often they're full of it), i don't see a problem as long as it's a good floyd.

Quote by blablaace

and this is that c1 fr

make sure you get a guitar with a good floyd, then- original floyd rose/floyd rose original, schaller, gotoh. The floyd rose FRT-x000 (the korean-made version of the OFR) is about as low as I'd want to go, personally.

Quote by Archer250

I'm guessing it's a humbucker with a gold-plated cover.

maybe
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by vayne92
any guitar used for rock/metal with a bolt on is a deal-breaker for me.

Why?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee