Hello,

I have several projects in Cubase that I'm currently working on and I'll freeze several tracks in one and then close it and move on to another. But if I freeze tracks in the new project, I'll get a dialog box later in the older project that says my frozen tracks could not be found so it unfreezes everything. Can anyone tell me why Cubase does this and if there is a way to stop it? I'd like to know that once I do something to a project and save it, it's going to be the exact same when I return to it later.
I have Cubase 4 and the freezing works properly there so my guess is that they broke something with the upgrade (again). See if there are any service packs/patches for your version. Try the Cubase forums...
Hate to say it but even reinstall might fix your issue, Cubase is so buggy you'll never know.
Always worth checking, so apologies if this offends you slightly... but you did pay for Cubase right?

Most issues with Cubase seem to be linked directly with piracy. When Steinberg forced all users of their forum to sign up using their Cubase serials the number of complaints about crashes plummeted.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
No offense taken. I'll go through the manufacturer route and see if that helps. Thank you both for the suggestion.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Most issues with Cubase seem to be linked directly with piracy. When Steinberg forced all users of their forum to sign up using their Cubase serials the number of complaints about crashes plummeted.

Maybe cause they didn't want to be bothered to sign up?

BTW they also moderate the hell out of the forum and a lot of the negative posts from unhappy users seemed to disappear at least during the period of time I was active on there.

When I had my Steinberg issue on paid software, I remember having to jump through so many hoops to get to customer support and when finally got it they were useless, long story short and a competitive crossgrade offer ... now I am a happy Studio One user.
Last edited by diabolical at Apr 12, 2014,