Hey all, I'm looking to build a new pedal board cause the one I'm using is growing smaller by the month. I have a rough set of dimensions for the size of the board surface (34"-36" x 16" x 4" (back) 1" (Front)).

I just can't decide whether to go with a a slanted top, a tier / step set up, or a combination of both (wah pedal recess on a slanted top).

Any one have an opinion?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Lambda12 at Apr 12, 2014,
I've used both slanted and tier boards and I prefer a slanted top. As long as you don't slant the board too steep I would not bother with a wah recess. I went 4" back and 1.5" front on mine and my wah is perfectly comfortable to use. Plus, a slanted board like this gives you a nice place to hide a power supply on the under side of the deck.

Here's what I did:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1633425&highlight=pedal+board
Last edited by clustercuss at Apr 13, 2014,
personally, i think the wah recess seems like a legit idea. I prefer the sloped pedal boards, as well.
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
The slant is what I'm going to go with but still not sure if I want the recessed Wah.

The dimensions are 36" (L) x 16" (W) x 4 1/2" (H) x 1 1/2" (H), that should give me a slant of 7 degrees which is perfect. I'm just worried that my wah may be to big and obscure the area above it and that's where my tuner sits. I'm using a WD7 Weeping Demon from Ibanez and the thing is huge compared to a standard sized wah.