This question is more like an exercise in brand loyalty, but I have been suggested to check out the Dimebucker pickup although I do prefer DiMarzio over Seymour Duncan. But the question is otherwise straightforward.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1 Gravity Storm(neck)/X2N(bridge) Drop Db
Ibanez S421 Air Norton(neck)/Super Distortion(bridge) Drop D
7th Heaven->ML-2->Dr. Boogie->Zoom G3->GE-7->NS-2->Mute
Line 6 Spider II HD150+foot pedal
Some 4x12 cab

who suggested you check out a dimebucker? have you been holding seances?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Actually, it was my guitar instructor. No, he's not dead, he just likes to talk about them a lot.
Gear:
Some 4x12 cab

I don't think DiMarzio make anything that bad...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ well i dunno about that, but that was kind of my point. most people here don't like the dimebucker (for good reason, if you ask me).

what type of tone(s) are you after and what's your amp? EDIT: ah it's in your sig. I wouldn't bother with new pickups until you get a suitable amp. a lot of guitar teachers (just going from posts in here) often seem to be iffy on the gear.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by steven seagull

True

The Invader is the better or a Dime type pickups, has those noisy grindy characteristics but stays more defined. X2N is kinda the DiMarzio thrash metal equivalent, think of modern day Kreator, very well defined midrange sound.
I don't think you're gonna find a DiMarzio that's that stupid bright. Did you do something to offend your instructor?
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
The Super 2 should get you the closest.

But I think you'd be a lot better off just telling us what sound you want to get, and we can make recommendations based on that.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by steven seagull

i came in here to say this.
Quote by Dave_Mc
who suggested you check out a dimebucker? have you been holding seances?

****ing coffee just ran out my nose.
Quote by gregs1020

****ing coffee just ran out my nose.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
This is sort of like asking, "what car performs like a commie era Skoda."

Tell us what sort of sound you are going for (bands or better, particular songs) and what amp you are using. Then we have a chance of actually recommending what you need.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
This is sort of like asking, "what car performs like a commie era Skoda."

A joke only petrolheads get
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Commie Skodas make German VW's look like a Cadillac.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Even a faux-petrol head like me got that one...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Somehow I don't think that is the commie Skodas I'm talking about, Dan.

Actually, wtf is it?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
OK, I get the point: the Dimebucker is really not a worthwhile pickup. I swear I wasn't trolling. It's just something that was mentioned to me. I'll leave it alone.

Also, the amp is just a basic practice amp I use, nothing major. I have some other equipment I use but I never remember the specs on it since it's actually homemade equipment.
Gear:
Some 4x12 cab

Last edited by FoX KiLLa at Apr 14, 2014,
There's really not much point getting good pickups until you get a proper amp. You choose pickups to go with the amp. Until you get an amp, buying pickups is just pissing in the wind. Save your money and put it into your amp fund.
When you get enough money together for the amp start a new thread answering the questions asked here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138

If there's one thing this forum is good for, it's finding the right amp for people - as long as we get the right information and that's where that link comes in.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Even a faux-petrol head like me got that one...

i don't know anything about cars and i got it. back when i was at school i'd guess 40% of the jokes revolved around skodas

Quote by FoX KiLLa
OK, I get the point: the Dimebucker is really not a worthwhile pickup. I swear I wasn't trolling. It's just something that was mentioned to me. I'll leave it alone.

Also, the amp is just a basic practice amp I use, nothing major. I have some other equipment I use but I never remember the specs on it since it's actually homemade equipment.

no worries, I didn't think you were trolling. just it seemed strange that someone had recommended it, that's all.

i agree with cath, until you get a better amp it's debatable if there's any point in getting pickups. not to say they'll make no difference, but an amp will make far more. and as cath says, you normally tailor the pickups to the amp, not the other way round.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?