So I currently have a Marshall MG100HFX that I'd like to replace with a tube amp. I play a lot of thrash and I'd like to get a tone similar to old Metallica, Master of Puppets in particular, or Exodus/Testament sort of sound. As for my budget, I'm hoping to spend less than $1000 but that can be worked with. I've heard that the Marshall DSL series is pretty good for what I want and so I've started looking into those but I was wondering what recommendations you guys have.

Also, are there any pedals you recommend getting to pair with the amp for the tone I'm looking for? All I have currently is a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal.
A boosted JCM800 would be ideal for thrash.
Can you find one of them, maybe used, plus a cab?

Master of puppets was recorded with a Mark IIC+ though, so have a look at that too.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Throwing the JCA 50/100 into the mix here. you can easily get most of those tons and similar ones out of the recommended amps too
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Roughly where are you located?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I already have a cab that I can use so that's not a problem. I really just need to replace the header. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look around and see if I can find any of them used as well. Also I'm located in central Indiana.