Hey y'all,

I'm looking at the:
H&K Tube Factor
H&K Tubeman
BK Butler Tube Driver
Chandler Tube Driver

Don't mock if there's something really obvious that's different about these but I like the tube driven tone and I'm looking for something to cover that. Which will do it best? What are the differences between the two H&K's and the two Tube Drivers because they look the same? Thanks!
what amp are you using?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
just get a fuzzface and a tubescreamer (or cheaper clones)

i don't think you need tube pedals if you already have a tube amp
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Tubeman is more of a distortion pedal to go in front of a clean amp or DI. Not that it is inherently bad but probably wouldn't work as well in that context as would an overdrive pedal. In your case it sounds like a Tube Factor will do well. The Butler Tube Driver is nice as well. You can look at Mesa Bottle Rocket (used):
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out_of%20_Production/V-1-BottleRocket/V-1BottleRocket.html

I wouldn't necessarily steer you towards these though as I don't think the tube stage in H&K products does much at this voltage (not that it sounds bad - it is fantastic but tube is backlit with blue diode), plus you have to worry about power supply that can't be found anywhere if you lose it.

I'd suggest Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive instead, you have clean boost + OD to dial in and you can buy 2 overdrives for the price of one of the others. Also look at Tonebone:
http://www.tonebone.com/texas.php