Poll: How much you be hornin', yo?
Poll Options
View poll results: How much you be hornin', yo?
I use my horn at every opportunity. sometimes just to heart the noise
5 5%
I use my horn only when someone has wronged me
22 23%
I use my horn only to warn of danger
24 26%
I don't ever use my horn, even when it's warranted.
14 15%
I don't have a car
16 17%
shinysides is a cvnt. he should go fvck himself.
13 14%
Voters: 94.
Page 1 of 2
do you use it for reasons of vengeance? warning? startling others? like to make noise?

I use my horn frequently because my area (brampton Ontario) has the most dangerous in all of Ontario, and a lot of them blow through stop signs, red lights, cut through lanes without looking, etc. I use it for the purposes of vengeance (laying on a horn to fill an offenders ears with horrible noise), and warning other drivers that a moron is about to ruin their day.

go!
1-2 times a week maybe.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
I use it sometimes.

Vengeance plus a middle finger and a "FUCK YOU, YOU FLAMING CUNTRAG"
Sail upon the open skies
Seldom. If someone isn't paying attention when the light turns green I give them a gentle "throat clear" honk to wake them up.
I've owned my car for 3 years, never used the horn.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Up in NY I rarely used it, since being in SC I've used a lot more. I swear they have clowns just giving away licenses at the DMV's down here.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Pretty rarely. Last time I did was because some **** was randomly slowing down and straddling my lane and the turn lane like they didn't know what they were doing and finally after coming to almost a complete stop and making me miss the green light decided to turn right.

I've learned to live with most habits of bad drivers but shit, if there are cars behind you and you don't know where you're going, at least get out of the way or keep moving. Don't obstruct traffic.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Apr 12, 2014,
I use it when some dumb ass is doing something stupid. I make sure to really sustain the honk too. Finally I make sure to go around them if they're in front of me and speed off. Like a true asshole.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I've used it like twice.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I use it just so.

apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Constantly getting cut off in the school parking lot, but my horn is dead everywhere except for a sweet spot in the top left part of the wheel which I always forget about, so they usually get off without my chastisement.
Quote by SuperMissMan
There's a lot of dumbasses out there. A lot.
If everyone around you is a dumbass maybe its time to look in the mirror #truth
ggg1 ggg3

Here in Britain we're somewhat ahead of other countries in motor safety and etiquette. I've never tooted, ghastly business.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Basically never. Excessive horn use is a sign of third world countries
My God, it's full of stars!
I might have used it once. I would only ever use it like a "Hey, watch out!" or "Wtf are you doing?" There have been a couple of times where I wished I'd honked, but since I do it so rarely I don't even think about it until it's too late to mean anything.

Hell, it's a rare occasion to even hear someone honk a horn.
My friend honks his horn half of the time he drives me anywhere, it drives me nuts. I never honk cause who cares
I rarely feel the need to use it. I certainly don't use it in anger.

Quote by Dreadnought
Basically never. Excessive horn use is a sign of third world countries

So, basically every city in the US is a third world country? Seems reasonable.
Quote by daytripper75

So, basically every city in the US is a third world country? Seems reasonable.

They should be ashamed, yes. Cities are different though. I meant just driving around anywhere.
My God, it's full of stars!
Only when people really **** up and it directly affects me. I just want to let that person know "you ****ed up." Only done it about 3 times though
I've done it a few times, but only once that i can remember. A few months ago i was driving home late from work getting off at a 70km/h road and some cvnt in a 4wd is coming behind me at probably 100-110 with no intention of slowing down and i was like holy **** is this guy going to kill me or some shit.. is this a scene from the terminator 2. So i brake because i was just ****ing scared and he drives through the emergency lane to overtake me. I horned the shit out of him and said a handful of fvcks. I'm a pretty aggressive driver myself, but that guy took aggressive driving to a whole new level.
Honking horns is for annoying sissy la-la's. If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly.
I never use it. Although other drivers in traffic like to use it on me. I'd like to think it's a compliment on my driving skills. It sure is, right?
We have strange laws on car-horn use in Britain.

You can only use it while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence.

It is also the legal duty of every car owner to constantly make sure, to the best of their abilities, that their car is in good working 'roadworthy' order.

But, in order to legaly drive a car on British roads, your car has to have passed an MOT (Ministry of Transport) test, which requires the horn to be sounded while the car is stationary. And for a car driver to keep a check on the roadworthiness of his/her car, they must occasionaly sound the horn in order to check it's still working. (because a horn is a legal requirement for a car's roadworthiness)
Both of which are apparently against the law unless the car is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence.
I used to never use mine when I was living in England. Since moving here I use it loads because Australian drivers are ******ed and terrible
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
You know that little cunt of a man/woman that cuts you off at a roundabout or any other crossroad really?

When they clearly know they're cutting you off but instead of at least doing you the common courtesy of signaling you that they're sorry or that they recognise the mistake, they just deliberately keep looking the other way so that they don't have to look their victim in the eye?

Yeah, those people have a special place in my horn-hungry heart. I'm not gonna let them get away without experiencing the shame of guilt-ridden eye contact.

When I'm cut off by such plebs I wait for the reaction I know I'm never gonna get and after a moment or two I'll let my car sign its mighty war song.

And they will know that they have sinned and that the Lord doth witnessed it in holy truth.

LOOK AT ME YOU CUNT. SEEK MY FORGIVENESS.

LOOK AT ME YOU SON OF A BITCH.

When I do it it's totally koo tho.

Just remembered, I actually do use it when someone really ****ed up. That's pretty rare but it still happens. Still though, those people. ^

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Apr 13, 2014,
Quote by JamSessionFreak

These two look like they could make some half-assed parody on a few scenes from Breaking Bad.

Like, it wouldn't be good. The woman looks like she'd be too cheery to play Jane. But still. They could make a shit parody.

Think about it.
I don't have a car, but I do know that we have a law that stipulates that you may only use the horn in dangerous situations, like a chain reaction.

It's pathetic, I know.
I have a stupid old school horn that I use a lot.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab