Hey guys!

I currently live in Canada but i'm moving to Switzerland in 2-3 months. I bought all my music equipment (120w amp and cab, various pedals w/ pedalboard, huge studio monitors, 26x26 firewire soundcard). I also bought a pretty powerful desktop pc, tv, console, sound system and lots of other electronics.

Now i know that over there, not only the plug is different but also the voltage (110 volts here and 220 there). I don't what would be the best thing to do; Sell everything and buy it there? Or buy a power transformer for every device? Or could I get away with buying just a few transformers and using power bars to plug more than one device?

If anybody ever went through a similar experience i'd really appreciate your feedback on it!
Ibanez SIX28FDBG
ESP EC-1000 Deluxe
Ibanez AGR73T
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez AW
Peavey Triple XXX
BOSS pedals : TU-3 -> CS-3 -> NS-2 -> RV-5
Computers used to have a switch on the power supply for switching between 110/220, I think that's built in these days. not sure about your other equipment but your PC should be fine.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
You can buy a big transformer. The sort that comes in a yellow box and is used on building sites to power 110V drills etc. They have them here in UK for 230V:110V so the Swiss must have similar. Expect to pay about $100 US. Most of your 110V stuff should work fine off that. Note that it is 50Hz too so some of your kit may be affected by this - but I suspect not.
When I moved to Italy from America I used a transformer for every couple of devices. Most of them have fuses so even if you overwork them your equipment shouldn't be damaged.
Gibson Faded Cherry Flying V
Epiphone Goldtop Les Paul
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss DD-3 digital delay pedal
Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes Real Tube Distortion pedal
Obviously buy a transformer.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by PSimonR
You can buy a big transformer. The sort that comes in a yellow box and is used on building sites to power 110V drills etc. They have them here in UK for 230V:110V so the Swiss must have similar. Expect to pay about $100 US. Most of your 110V stuff should work fine off that. Note that it is 50Hz too so some of your kit may be affected by this - but I suspect not.

I'm not an expert, but I would think that your electronic equipment shouldn't have a problem working on the 50 Hz since transformers transform AC current to DC, so it shouldn't make a difference between 60 Hz and 50 Hz.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
~Jack Layton 1950-2011