Okay, so first of all this is my first post here, hope I don't sound too "Newbie"...
anyways, I'm currently a lil tight on my money, I've been saving for quite a while and I need a multi-effect pedal badly...probably the Digitech Rp 90 or rp 255...I currently have a small 10 watt Vox Pathfinder, which is great despite the tiny number of knobs and the fact that there is not even a middle knob...worked for me for recording, studio jams/band practice, and even tiny live gigs.
Now, I know generally that pedals shouldn't replace amps...but wouldn't I be able to do that with the amp simulation directly on the rp 255?
cuz I have a chance to get one but seeing as how I'm short on money, I should be able to get it IF I sell my amp.

Would you do it?

Thanks in advance.
You could also simulate amps and cabs, yeah.

If I was you I'd keep the amp and save up for a better amp or mfx, depending on your needs.
Plus I don't think the rp255 in particular would be a huge step up from your amp.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Look at something like a Line 6 POD. Pretty decent piece of gear, loads of people use one for playing directly into their computer. The RP225 isn't going to be a huge step up from your amp, though.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Apr 13, 2014,
Quote by Spambot_2
You could also simulate amps and cabs, yeah.

If I was you I'd keep the amp and save up for a better amp or mfx, depending on your needs.
Plus I don't think the rp255 in particular would be a huge step up from your amp.

+1

Save up, don't even deal with the RPs below the 500. I personally recommend any POD in the HD series. The Boss GT-6/8/10 are all good too. Those can be had for $150, $200 or $250 used, respectfully.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
POD for sure. they can be hooked directly into a PA for live purposes (as long as you have monitors) and wrk very well for recording (see songs in my profile).
wait a second, what about this one, the DigiTech Element XP Multi-Effects Pedal? I just heard about it just now, and it's relatively cheap, I don't even think I'd have to sell my amp to get it, but do you think it'd work well for me? by myself, I play a mix of hippy, alternative stuff, spacey stuff, and metal, and in my band I play a mix of blues and rock.
Quote by wraith619
wait a second, what about this one, the DigiTech Element XP Multi-Effects Pedal? I just heard about it just now, and it's relatively cheap, I don't even think I'd have to sell my amp to get it, but do you think it'd work well for me? by myself, I play a mix of hippy, alternative stuff, spacey stuff, and metal, and in my band I play a mix of blues and rock.

If it's that cheap I can't imagine any of the effects being terribly great. Just save up for a used POD HD300. You can get those for pennies on the dollar now because the HD400, 500 and 500X are out.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Well stuff's alot more expensive over here in Egypt, since 1 Us dollar = about 7 Egyptian pounds, it'd take me atleast twice as much to save for a pod and I've already been saving for so long.
Quote by wraith619

The problem is that you're wanting it NOW, which will lead you to get what you can afford, not what you actually need.

I understand, but you need to wait and get good gear later instead of crappy gear now.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin