Yes, milk.

I have an Ibanez RG350, it came on the strings, on the pickups, and some of it went between and in under the pickguard and the rear humbucker. I think I had the guitar plugged in for about 5 seconds before removing the cable.

I was considering removing the pickguard, but when I started removing all the screws I noticed the pickup-chooser-thing started to come loose. So I screwed all the screws back in case I'd mess something up. As it is milk, it doesn't really go away like if it was water, so I guess cleaning it up would be best. But I'm not really sure how.

Help appreciated!
get some of this

take every thing off and clean/wipe it down really good.
Spray the contact cleaner in all the pots switches and pickups

you'll be fine, My Les Paul was left out in the rain and I dumped water out of it, let it dry and it worked for years after that
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
inb4 that old saying about spilt milk and crying over it.

Just clean it with a dry cloth as much as you can.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Use contact cleaner for the electronics, dry cloth for the wood.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by Robbgnarly
get some of this

take every thing off and clean/wipe it down really good.
Spray the contact cleaner in all the pots switches and pickups

you'll be fine, My Les Paul was left out in the rain and I dumped water out of it, let it dry and it worked for years after that

Should I just unscrew the pickguard then?

Good to hear your guitar went through way worse and still worked!
Quote by PunchSlap
Should I just unscrew the pickguard then?

Yes. Unscrew the pickguard and wipe everything down. Then, use that spray on the pots and exposed wiring and such.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Yes. Unscrew the pickguard and wipe everything down. Then, use that spray on the pots and exposed wiring and such.

What about the pickup-chooser coming lose? I think I have to unscrew screws holding the pickups as well, I don't want everything to fall apart heh.
Quote by PunchSlap
What about the pickup-chooser coming lose? I think I have to unscrew screws holding the pickups as well, I don't want everything to fall apart heh.

The pickup selector will just have to be re-tightened. Just unscrew everything that has screws on the pickguard and re-screw when done cleaning. Just be careful and dont force anything and you should be ok.
put it in a bowl of crushed up oreo cookies.

like people do with their cell phones and rice.

win/win
Throw it away, it's done for.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

That's nothing. I spilled coffee on my calculator today. OT: it should be fine if you go over it and dry everything up. The contact cleaner was a good suggestion.
Last edited by zackk at Apr 13, 2014,
Quote by PunchSlap

if the pickup selector is mounted to the pickguard, leave it, only take out the screws on the outside edge of the pickguard. If the pickups are mounted to the guard, leave them and remove the pickguard as an entire unit
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by gregs1020
do a proper rinse.

pour beer in it.

And blow smoke up its ass, just as you would on a proper date.
Put it in a bowl of rice.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Remove the pickguard and all the electronics that come screwed onto it, then do what they said