Poll Options
View poll results: Well, does it?
Nah, we're still in control
16 36%
Yah, it totally controls us
28 64%
Voters: 44.
Page 1 of 2
Pretty much wondering everyone's thoughts. Ya obviously my computer doesn't yell at me to do stuff and hurt me if I don't, but a lot of people, especially younger kids are almost glued to stuff like cellphones, games, etc.

So ya, discuss.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
i mean, my insulin pump keeps me from not dying
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Friend Computer exerts no control over me. I am an independent being, Friend Computer is just a tool to help ensure my happiness. All hail Friend Computer.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
My logic is undeniable.
My logic is undeniable.
My logic is undeniable.
My logic is undeniable.
My logic is undeniable.
My logic is undeniable.
My logic is undeniable.
ggg1 ggg3

“The difference between technology and slavery is that slaves are fully aware that they are not free”
-Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Yes, look at all the twats that walk around with their eyes glued to their phone or people who can't go one f*cking dinner without checking facebook to see pictures of other arseholes dinners.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Yes, look at all the twats that walk around with their eyes glued to their phone or people who can't go one f*cking dinner without checking facebook to see pictures of other arseholes dinners.

Feisty, this one is.
Quote by Saint78

Quote by lemmyisgod97

Show me something more interesting on the train to look and on my daily commute and I will take my eyes off my phone.
yes, i'm actually a robot
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
Pretty much wondering everyone's thoughts. Ya obviously my computer doesn't yell at me to do stuff and hurt me if I don't, but a lot of people, especially younger kids are almost glued to stuff like cellphones, games, etc.

So ya, discuss.
The word your looking for is addiction, not control.
Also the word 'Yeah', not 'Ya'.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
The word your looking for is addiction, not control.
Also the word 'Yeah', not 'Ya'.

The word you're looking for is you're, not your.

Addictions definitely control people. Also quite being so nit-picky as to try to correct somebody's usage of 'ya.'
Quote by Saint78

Last edited by Dwight.Schrute at Apr 13, 2014,
Quote by Dwight.Schrute

Addictions definitely control people. Also quite being so nit-picky as to try to correct somebody's usage of 'ya.'

The word you're looking for is quit, not quite
I tell my computer what I want it to do and it does it. I'm totally being controlled by it.
Quote by macashmack
The word you're looking for is quit, not quite

Sentences are completed with a period at the end.

Or a question mark. Maybe an exclamation mark if you're feelin' a little rowdy.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Apr 13, 2014,
Oh you wanna play that game, dwight? Ok. Ok.

Quote by Dwight.Schrute

BAM!

Sit down, kid.

Don't take everything so seriously. I just found the whole ya thing funny.

Also, yes, control is a consequence with addiction. I'm not arguing with that. But when it's with technology, there is no such thing as being controlled by it. Not like with drugs, where your body literally controls you to have it after enough time.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Oh you wanna play that game, dwight? Ok. Ok.

BAM!

Sit down, kid.

Don't take everything so seriously. I just found the whole ya thing funny.

Also, yes, control is a consequence with addiction. I'm not arguing with that. But when it's with technology, there is no such thing as being controlled by it. Not like with drugs, where your body literally controls you to have it after enough time.

I am totally cool with admitting I made a typo, I make a lot of them and am probably one of the worst spellers on this site. I was just trying to give you some of your own medicine when it came to being so anal about corrections, far from claiming I don't make my own mistakes.

Far from well versed in the subject, but I have certainly heard of studies of technology's effect on the chemical interactions of the brain. Things like facebook and text messages give dopamine rushes that sound pretty similar to drugs. Seems there certainly is such thing as being controlled by technology just as much as there is being controlled by drugs.
Quote by Saint78

Not controlled but we're definitely overly dependent.

If all the electricity in the world goes out half of the West will be dead in like 4 days. Meanwhile some kid in Burma won't even notice anything's changed.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I just found the whole ya thing funny.

Ya I did, too. It was a bit confusing, yeah know?
Quote by Seref

If all the electricity in the world goes out half of the West will be dead in like 4 days. Meanwhile some kid in Burma won't even notice anything's changed.

After Hurricane Sandy electricity was out at my home and my whole neighborhood for a week and we survived fine without any power.
Quote by Seref

There should be a choice like that on the poll because that pretty much sums it up for me.
Quote by macashmack
After Hurricane Sandy electricity was out at my home and my whole neighborhood for a week and we survived fine without any power.

There's a big difference between the world and a neighborhood.
Quote by Dimarzio45
There's a big difference between the world and a neighborhood.

We survived for 200 thousand years without electricity it's really not that hard to do.
Quote by macashmack
We survived for 200 thousand years without electricity it's really not that hard to do.

He said half. There is no way we could keep all of the people in the west fed without electricity.
Quote by Saint78

Quote by Dwight.Schrute
He said half. There is no way we could keep all of the people in the west fed without electricity.

True.
Quote by macashmack

We survived for 200 thousand years without electricity...until we learned how to harness it and became ultra dependent on it being around.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by Seref

yea, but the most that kid in Burma has to look forward to is another game of soccer with his similarly underfed friends and the most spherical object he can find in the trash bin
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
yea, but the most that kid in Burma has to look forward to is another game of soccer with his similarly underfed friends and the most spherical object he can find in the trash bin

Meanwhile you get to spend your time posting about a kid in Burma on the subforum of a guitar website specifically dedicated to talking about utter nonsense.
Quote by Saint78

No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
what if everyone that said they are not controlled by technology actually are controlled and thats just what technology wanted them to say
Quote by lushacrous
i mean, my insulin pump keeps me from not dying

So you're dead, then?

If it keeps you from "not dying" you would be dead.
Page 1 of 2