Has anyone of you been doing exercise (all hammer n and pull offs) where you put a band to damppen the strings and use only your left hand (no picking at all)? I've known about this for a while, but I started doing it recently. It's realy strong.
I would advice to not use the the band to mute the strings when practicing. You want to make sure your technique is as good as possible without any aid of a muter when you are practicing.

It's a great tool for performing live/recording. But i have seen instances of players that rely on it far too much and can't play cleanly without one. You should be able to play legato cleanly without one aswell, so my advice is not to bring it into your practice session. Practice legato all you want, but do it slower and without the aid of a muter instead, and make sure you get it right then.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Agreed with Sickz. You should never use a dampener when practicing, only for recording or performing
Quote by Sickz
I would advice to not use the the band to mute the strings when practicing. You want to make sure your technique is as good as possible without any aid of a muter when you are practicing.

It's a great tool for performing live/recording. But i have seen instances of players that rely on it far too much and can't play cleanly without one. You should be able to play legato cleanly without one aswell, so my advice is not to bring it into your practice session. Practice legato all you want, but do it slower and without the aid of a muter instead, and make sure you get it right then.

I thought you said hand and was about to protest hard. I agree with you, one should never use a band for practicing.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
the point of band is for this case to strenghten all fingers, because I can do legato descently with picking the first notes and hammer on/pull off the rest, but this "all hammer on/pull off" thing I never practiced and I was thinking it'll help my technique. So you think, no matter what's the main purpose of practicing, I should not put band over the neck? Because this is the only situation when I do that.
You shouldn´t need it when practicing anything. If it is to practice this "pure legato" (only doing legato, no picking at all) it still doesn´t matter in my opinion. If i practice pure legato i do it without a band cause i want to make sure i can make the transition between strings cleanly and loudly even without a dampener.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Yea, generally when you're practicing lead, you should be very aware of unwanted string-noise. So I'd definitely avoid it as well :-)