Hey friends! Greetings from the UK! I'm carrying out research on CCM (Contemporary Christian Music) in the US. If you are an American christian could I ask for your help filling in this survey? Thanks Listening to CCM

Thanks for your time

Evan
Last edited by evnmove at Apr 14, 2014,
I appreciate your concern for keeping the forum clean metal4eva_22. Always good
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by evnmove
No, I'm for real.I would really appreciate responses on my survey.

Then maybe you should give a survey with responses that apply to real people?

Question 1:

Why type of christian music do you listen to:

-type a
-type b

Where is the "I don't" option that every single person in the Pit would select?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Thanks for getting back to me, I'm aware that I did specify in the post it was for American Christian's. I'll make it clearer, thanks for the tip
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
That survey was terribly unbalanced. After seeing question 1, I didn't even bother to continue.

first jesus and now this
It's for Christian's only. My subject area is contemporary Christian music in America
Quote by Weaponized
first jesus and now this

When you do masters research you only study a specific area. In this case America - Chrisitians - Music

Research is always focused on a subject area whether it's science or art.
When you do masters research you only study a specific area. In this case America - Chrisitians - Music

Research is always focused on a subject area whether it's science or art.
Very few people here are Christian, and I don't think anyone here listens to Christian music.

Maybe try somewhere else?

Especially if you're gathering data for a masters. Sampling Bias
Yeah, most I could do to help is give you some advice... Don't look for Christian values in the pit. There are plenty of christian messageboards and whatnot around the web, and I imagine a lot of those people like music. The other way around however, you're much less likely to find people into CCM (as you call it) on a music-forum, as they tend to stick together on their own websites, or otherwise continuously receive mocking and hate from others.
Tell me who's that writin'...
it's not like he's trying here and only here, guys.

right?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by evnmove
It's for Christian's only. My subject area is contemporary Christian music in America

Your problem is assuming that Christians ONLY listen to Christian music. There's a lot of Christians (like myself) who dislike the majority of Christian bands because the lyrical content and instrumentation is very simplistic. It's like 90% of Christian bands decided to tackle VERY easy subjects and wrote 3 to 4 chord songs with a simple piano or lead guitar line. That's all well and good, but it's just NOT interesting to me.

So, there should be part of the survey that reflects this. For example, question should have something that says, "I don't just listen to Christian bands" and then maybe an explanation box for that.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 14, 2014,
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Christianity Sam

Had your laugh now? Ok, good. Now, please move along.

Quote by Malchius
I thought you were Jewish Sam?

I'm a Messianic Jew. That means, I believe Jesus (or Yeshua in Hebrew) is messiah, and I keep Torah. (I don't keep the Talmud, which a lot of Messianic Jews keep. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talmud) Anyway, I do occasionally listen to Christian music. There's a few gems that some people write off just because "lol, Christian".

And before I began to keep Torah (aka "The Law", to Christians), I spent years as part of the Lutheran church.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 14, 2014,
I did it, but it's a pretty poorly designed survey.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Had your laugh now? Ok, good. Now, please move along.

I'm a Messianic Jew. That means, I believe Jesus (or Yeshua in Hebrew) is messiah, and I keep Torah. (I don't keep the Talmud, which a lot of Messianic Jews keep. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talmud) Anyway, I do occasionally listen to Christian music. There's a few gems that some people write off just because "lol, Christian".

And before I began to keep Torah (aka "The Law", to Christians), I spent years as part of the Lutheran church.

I bet you're not Ashkenazi Jew.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by evnmove
Thanks for getting back to me, I'm aware that I did specify in the post it was for American Christian's. I'll make it clearer, thanks for the tip

Still though how can you assume that Christians listen to Christian music?

what crazysam said actually
Last edited by Jyrgen at Apr 14, 2014,
Quote by Carnivean

About 300+ years back, an ancestor was. Not me personally, no.
christianity's gay
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by Malchius
It's not very Christian to exclude people.

Heaven and Hell bro
Quote by Carnivean

Well duh, when was the last time you heard of a Nazi Jew? /s
Quote by Skullivan
Heaven and Hell bro

Well duh, when was the last time you heard of a Nazi Jew? /s

Erhard Milch was a half Jewish Nazi Field Marshal.
You mean to tell me that you are conducting research for your master's degree by accepting random internet surveys from the off-topic forum of a guitar website? Sounds academic.
Check out my band Disturbed