Hey there, Pit.

So, at the end of six more weeks, we present you the third compilation volume of the UG Songwriting Game.

For those of you who haven't heard of the Songwriting Game:
Everyone has a week to write a song and post it in our group page; we then leave it to The Pit to decide which song was the best of the week.

The focus of the game is on the composition/songwriting, rather than the quality of the performance or the recording, which is why the recordings might sound a bit rough.

Each week's winners and runner-ups get to appear on a compilation album.

Here's our group page, if you want more info or if you want to join.

Songs on the album by: FoOltz, whywefight, FlipComplex, sickman411, semiquaver, chev311e, the bartender, Skinny91, Duaneclapdrix, Faux, Scarmadillo

Other participants in weeks 13 to 18: nico_9550, Joshua1207, Minicaxotinho, lettuceface, manualex, SaintVitus

1. Sherpa (whywefight, FoOltz [as Exactly That])
2. Dangerous Choices (sickman411)
3. Closet (whywefight, FoOltz, FlipComplex [as Exactly That])
4. A Greeting (chev311e)
5. Part 2 - Moonrise (Skinny91)
6. Easy to Understand (sickman411, semiquaver)
7. Laugh (sickman411, semiquaver)
8. Always Climbing Up (the bartender)
9. Bandwagons: I'm Jumpin' on em! (Marry Me or Somethin') (Duaneclapdrix)
10. Space Goat Punk Show (Faux)
11. Memory of a Town (chev311e)
12. Just 'Cause You Shot Jesse James Don't Make You Jesse James (whywefight, FoOltz, FlipComplex [as Exactly That])
13. Perfect Safety (the bartender)
14. Bovine Matters (whywefight, FoOltz, FlipComplex [as Exactly That])
15. Absolute (Scarmadillo)

Songwriting game concept/group admin/weekly thread maker: Minicaxotinho
Compilation album idea: Joshua1207
Compilation compiler: sickman411
Other people who helped develop the compilation album concept*: Minicaxotinho, manualex, Faux, chev311e, Skinny91, ehbacon, nico_9550

*I should have credited these people in the other albums as well but I didn't think of that. This is a list of people other than Joshua and myself who contributed and/or discussed ideas for the albums in the group threads. It's in random order.

You can check out Vol. 1 here and Vol. 2 here.

Also, in the other album threads, after a few days, all the links in the OP stopped working. I don't know why this happens but it's very easy to fix. If anyone notices that this has happened, please let me know and I'll fix it right away.
Last edited by sickman411 at Apr 19, 2014,
This is a really good album you guys, and not just because I'm on it

actually that's the only reason why it's a good album but I don't want all the others to feel bad about themselves so let's just pretend that it isn't
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
this would be way better without the bartender's track ruining it, good job everyone else though
Quote by Weaponized
I'm insecure about my own capabilities as a musician and therefore I need to talk down someone who is obviously much more talented than I am

luv u 2 bb

Damn I feel like the last one just came out. But awesome, thanks Sickman and congrats to everyone who made it on this one
Also I'm gonna go ahead and say that I think Closet is the best song made in this entire competition.
yay 4 u guys
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by chev311e
Also I'm gonna go ahead and say that I think Closet is the best song made in this entire competition.

Wow, Thanks! I'm still jamming A SUSpenful TOmorrow's evE, I don't think it even won but its always been one of my favorites.
Quote by FoOltz
Wow, Thanks! I'm still jamming A SUSpenful TOmorrow's evE, I don't think it even won but its always been one of my favorites.
Cramp Cramp won that week. A SUSpenseful TOmorrow's evE came second, tied with The Burnout Gang. This was week 2 by the way, and I voted for Chev as well. I remember way too many things about this game.
Quote by FoOltz

Haha awesome! That seems so long ago I made that.

^ Yea that's some impressive memory sickman
Quote by chev311e
Haha awesome! That seems so long ago I made that.

^ Yea that's some impressive memory sickman

Yeah, I do think I have a pretty good memory, but do remember that I've made the albums too, and that I've been known to go back to threads to compile useless stats, which is something I find way too entertaining.
Well at this point in my life, I don't have as many things to look forward to so I completely understand the entertainment you get out of this
By the way, if anyone's wondering why "Quebec" is a tag in all our albums, it's because Bandcamp requires you to have a real location, and I just told people in the chat thread to name a random city and the first reply was Quebec City. And then Bandcamp tags all albums and songs with the location, and you can't remove that tag.
Quote by sickman411
By the way, if anyone's wondering why "Quebec" is a tag in all our albums, it's because Bandcamp requires you to have a real location, and I just told people in the chat thread to name a random city and the first reply was Quebec City. And then Bandcamp tags all albums and songs with the location, and you can't remove that tag.

Let's just pretend we're all from Quebec.
je m'apelle pomme de terre

Quote by chev311e

Oh wow that's amazing to hear. I was really proud of that song.

By the way I've always really enjoyed your input
Yeah, Closet was great. Your songs this week had a bit of a boost in quality, I think. Especially Closet, Sherpa and Let It Fade.

Also, I just realised that probably my two favourite songs in these six weeks (Moonrise and Memory of a Town) were in the same week so I only got to vote for one of them...
Last edited by sickman411 at Apr 17, 2014,
I really like some of the songs on this album. I liked your track Sickman (the 2nd track).

Thinking about joining the group and gettin in on this game...
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
My only regret is that there are virtually no thrash/heavy metal/etc... songs.

Anyway, it's nice to see this keeps going! (the bartender ruined this album)
mini y u do dis to me ?

Quote by whywefight
We're planning on changing that next week. At least a little bit.

Nice

Quote by the bartender
mini y u do dis to me ?

Because jk, I love you #nohomo
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Apr 18, 2014,
Quote by Minicaxotinho
Because jk, I love you #nohomo

oh you

I love u 2 bb #probablynohomobutmaybe

I just made something I want to enter how do I has enter? Can I link a soundcloud with an available download link?
yea just post the soundcloud link in the group