Hey, I'm really interested by the G&L Legacy HB. It has all the features that I need and it may be the next guitar I'll buy. My only concern is about the floating vibrato.

Right now, I play on a fixed bridge guitar and I always switch between standard tuning and drop D. I want to be able to do that on my next guitar, but I also want a vibrato. I know that you can't really change between standard and drop D on the fly with a regular Fender Strat because when you tune the low string down, the other strings go out of tune because of the way the vibrato is made. But I heard that with other floating vibratos, including the Dual Fulcrum vibrato that comes with G&L guitars, you can switch between standard and drop D without any problem. Is it true?

I also believe that you can easily switch between tunings with a Bigsby. I once saw a band whose guitarist had a Duesenberg with a vibrato similar to a Bigsby, and he always switched tunings in between songs (standard, drop D, DADFAD...). So, should I buy a Bigsby-equipped guitar instead?

Thank you for your help
if your guitar has an OFR/FRO you can use the EVH D-Tuna, but the FR mst be decked and not floating

You can get a Tremol-no and you can lock the trem in place and detune easy
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I agree with Rob, that's the best way I know. My EVH obviously has one and it's awesome!
GEAR:
EVH 5150 III 50 Watt
EVH Wah Pedal
EVH Wolfgang Special in vintage white
Chapman Ghost Fret Satin blue w/Nazgul and Sentient p.u.
PRS SE Mike Mushok Baritone w/emg 81,85
Blueridge BR-183A acoustic
I stuck random pieces of wood in my bridge cavity to block the bridge.

Not the prettiest but it works. You can only go down then, and not up, but worth the trade off for many.

Another tip is to fill the springs area with sponges.

I get annoyed so often when I hear a guitarist live and hear those springs creating some kind of shitty harmonic reverb effect in the very top end of the sound.

The latter comment btw has nothing to do with your problem TS, but had to rage after this weekend's bands I saw.

How people not notice this is beyond me

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
You're mostly right about the Bigsby. They're much less susceptible to tuning slippage when drop D it, just because of the way they work. But even a hardtail will get out of tune a tiny bit sometimes if you tune down, just because of the change in tension. It's good to check your tuning anyway.

As a side note, Bigbys look snazzy as all fvck. Keep that in mind.