Page 1 of 2
So there's going to be a total lunar eclipse tonight, starting around 2 AM EST and going till around 5 AM EST. Will only be visible if it's nighttime where you live during this time, so most of the EU and such will be out of luck, only the Americas will be able to see the full thing. Anyone else plan on watching?

Quote by Wikipedia
A lunar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes directly behind the Earth into its umbra (shadow). This can occur only when the Sun, Earth, and Moon are aligned (in "syzygy") exactly, or very closely so, with the Earth in the middle. Hence, a lunar eclipse can only occur the night of a full moon. The type and length of an eclipse depend upon the Moon's location relative to its orbital nodes.

Unlike a solar eclipse, which can only be viewed from a certain relatively small area of the world, a lunar eclipse may be viewed from anywhere on the night side of the Earth. A lunar eclipse lasts for a few hours, whereas a total solar eclipse lasts for only a few minutes at any given place, due to the smaller size of the moon's shadow. Also unlike solar eclipses, lunar eclipses are safe to view without any eye protection or special precautions, as they are no brighter (indeed dimmer) than the full moon itself.
Starts at 5:30pm here
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
God dammit it's going to be cloudy and raining all night. Every eclipse either the weather is shit or I'm at work or something and never get to see it.
I'm regularly up until 4 am anyways so why not. Except it's supposed to rain tonight
Starts at midnight here and I usually don't get to sleep until 5, so if the sky is clear, yeah why not.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by darkcheef
lol who stays up until 2 - 5am for a lunar eclipse

That shit is kinda common

eh, full ones are only come every 3-4 years, though they do occur multiple times throughout the year. Still, if you're up that late usually, as a lot of people are, no reason not to take a peek.

Plus eclipses are just cool.
Quote by chev311e
I'm regularly up until 4 am anyways so why not. Except it's supposed to rain tonight

this, except with snow. probably will be too cloudy but I'll go outside and check
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
thanks a bunch stupid thunderclouds (n)

I'll look, but I'm really counting down to the total solar eclipse coming in 2017. Get mad, Euros; it'll only be visible in Merika.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Get mad, Euros; it'll only be visible in Merika.

Meh, it's just the moon.
Quote by Keskimaki
Meh, it's just the moon.

JUST THE MOON, HE SAYS.

The moon is like the coolest thing ever and if you don't agree then I don't want you in my life at all.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by darkcheef

finally living in this shitty timezone of mine has paid off, it starts at 7pm for us.
banned
Im roasting a bone tonight to enjoy a blood filled cheese circumference that changes water elevation at its whim.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
according to my grandma, that if I look at the moon during an eclipse it creates a direct path for demons to travel into your eyes and soul. you also shouldn't wash your hair during an eclipse because it reduces your immunity against demons or something
cat
Quote by Spoony_Bard
JUST THE MOON, HE SAYS.

The moon is like the coolest thing ever and if you don't agree then I don't want you in my life at all.

The funny thing is I was talking about a total solar eclipse anyway, which is rare and absolutely spectacular. But hey, it's just the sky going dark in the middle of the day. Nothin' special
Quote by guitarxo
according to my grandma, that if I look at the moon during an eclipse it creates a direct path for demons to travel into your eyes and soul. you also shouldn't wash your hair during an eclipse because it reduces your immunity against demons or something

I love grandma myths and stories.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by StewieSwan
The funny thing is I was talking about a total solar eclipse anyway, which is rare and absolutely spectacular. But hey, it's just the sky going dark in the middle of the day. Nothin' special

Saw the last one that was over here Nothing spectacular
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by guitarxo

That is so god damn cool!
Quote by guitarxo

your grandma was a smart person, washing your hair is bad for it and no one should ever do it unless they got fancy ass shampoo that is extremely overpriced anyway
banned
Quote by deadsmileyface
your grandma was a smart person, washing your hair is bad for it and no one should ever do it unless they got fancy ass shampoo that is extremely overpriced anyway

what
cat
Quote by darkcheef

Actually, this particular kind of eclipse won't happen again for almost 20 years.
Quote by guitarxo

the demons are already inside you
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
yup its snowing, so I'll have to sit this one out
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
according to this page there's supposed to be something happening right now
http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-lunar-eclipse-blood-moon-20140411,0,2273021.story
Quote by latimes
To watch the whole show from start to finish, your moon gazing should begin at 10:20 p.m. PDT, when the first faint shadow will start to fall on the moon. This is known as a penumbral eclipse, but be prepared -- it's subtle.

But I don't see anything yet. I'm going to be stepping outside every few minutes tonight.
i didnt plan on staying up for this but now im up i guess ill take a picture or something
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by StewieSwan
Actually, this particular kind of eclipse won't happen again for almost 20 years.

The next one is in October
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Can anyone see anything yet?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Page 1 of 2