I'm looking to get one and there are just so many what ones do you people like the best.
A TS808. Crunch channel on the amp + clean boost from the 808 = Sonic Heaven.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
To me at least there's a big difference between an OD and a distortion pedal. If you want an Overdrive, I personally love the Maxon OD808 overdrive pedal, it really pushes your amp. As for distortion pedals I'm not a fan...
GEAR:
EVH 5150 III 50 Watt
EVH Wah Pedal
EVH Wolfgang Special in vintage white
Chapman Ghost Fret Satin blue w/Nazgul and Sentient p.u.
PRS SE Mike Mushok Baritone w/emg 81,85
Blueridge BR-183A acoustic
If your amp is decent enough get a (used) Green Rhino (Overdrive) to use with a dirt channel. If it isn't and replacing isn't an immediate option, get a Hardwire Tl-2 (metal distortion pedal).
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
What amp are you using? What guitar (pickups)?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by ESPOMAN

What is the amp not giving you that you want? What tonal problems are you having exactly?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The amp is fine I'm just looking for a better distortion sound pretty much,=.
^^Then your amp isn't fine.

Edit: we can't answer your question without A LOT more information. "Rock" and "metal" are grossly inadequate terms in narrowing down what you play and what you want to hear. What bands do you want to sound like and what amp do you have?
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Last edited by KailM at Apr 14, 2014,
I use a homemade magical box of tonebutter oomph juice but I also like the fultone fulldrive 2, boss bd2, sd1, EHX big muff(s). If I had to buy a distortion pedal specifically, I'd get a Proco Rat. Just me. Really you're much better off going to a Guitar Center type place and trying a bunch out on a rig similar to your own.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by KailM

Edit: we can't answer your question without A LOT more information. "Rock" and "metal" are grossly inadequate terms in narrowing down what you play and what you want to hear. What bands do you want to sound like and what amp do you have?

+1

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
solid state amp so you'll really need to go the distortion pedal route. overdrive won't really do what you want.
^ also +1 if you can't stretch to a better amp

Quote by KailM

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by KailM
What bands do you want to sound like and what amp do you have?

Mostly Guns N' Roses, Alice in Chains and Pantera.