I have a peavey vypyr. but my question is can I put a compressor before the amp, will this work? I have heard that vypyr doesnt play .ice with pedals so I was curious. also the bass sounds good but its only clean, ca. I use a di box with it? I waz thinking something like a sansamp. what do you think?
Maybe
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
The Vyper is actually one of the modelers that does play well with pedals. All the modeling on a Vyper is analog. It should work fine. I take it that this is one of the new VIP's that will take bass, yes?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Which Vypyr to you have, the VIP or the original?

The standard Vypyrs don't have the speaker made for handling bass guitar frequencies so your likely to screw it up by running a bass through it.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Which Vypyr to you have, the VIP or the original?

The standard Vypyrs don't have the speaker made for handling bass guitar frequencies so your likely to screw it up by running a bass through it.

I play bass through a guitar amp all the time. It doesn't screw up the speaker if you're just dicking around. Not optimum sound, but it doesn't seem to hurt it.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20