I'm always careful with my instruments, today i had a freak accident though which has left me quite down. I have a Epiphone acoustic electric guitar i got for cheap at a pawn shop years ago, but I'm really attached to it an would love some info on how to go about repairing.

Its kinda deep but could have been alot worse, only plus side is its on a lower part of the neck so i only really feel it in certain positions. Again i'd appreciate any help. I'm guessing some type of wood filler or pudding is what i'd have to use.

Is it a gouge or more of a dent?

If its a dent, you could try to steam it up first (if you feel comfortable trying it). To do this you;
    Poke tiny holes with a pin going with the grain around the dent.
    Heat up an iron fairly hot.
    Put a damp white cotton cloth over the dent.
    Apply the iron to the cloth, just for a couple of seconds (not very long)
    Check if the dent is raising up and let it cool a bit.

Repeat the treatment until the dent doesn't come up anymore. You might get it to the point where its not as bad or you don't have to sand and fill as much.
    Last edited by ghobby at Apr 17, 2014,
    Is it a gouge or more of a dent?

If its a dent, you could try to steam it up first (if you feel comfortable trying it). To do this you;
      Poke tiny holes with a pin going with the grain around the dent.

Repeat the treatment until the dent doesn't come up anymore. You might get it to the point where its not as bad or you don't have to sand and fill as much.

+1 on all that. If further filling is necessary, I use CA glue applied is small doses, with drying between each application, until the cavity is filled. This gets into all the gaps and cracks and makes a very strong repair. But it won't be invisible, and as LovroMirnik points out, the difficult bit is in the refinishing. I would (have done) just strip the whole neck and back and sides of the headstock and oil it with something like Tru Oil. - Before steaming and repairing the ding.