Remote that allows you to fast-forward and rewind to different parts of life.

Page 1 of 2
Hello.

Let's say someone offered you a universal remote that allows you to fast-forward and rewind to different parts of your life. You could also freeze time for as long as you'd like. Free of charge. Would you take it and use it?

BUT

There are some rules that come along with it if you accept the universal remote from the guy.

1. If you skip certain parts of the day frequently, the remote will pick up on it and will automatically skip it for you. For example, if you constantly keep skipping the traffic you encounter to work every day for like two weeks straight, the remote will pick up on it and will automatically skip it for you every single day of your life.

2. You can only go back in time to see yourself in the third person. You can't actually change events that happened in the past, but only view them again. When you go back in time to see the event in third person, others during that event will not know you're there. You're basically invisible to the past.

3. You can only go back in time to the events that you experienced. If you weren't there, the remote won't let you go back there. So if you missed a friend's wedding, the remote won't let you go back in time to that wedding to see it. You would of had to of been there to go back in time to that event.

4. The remote is non-returnable.

Would you take it?

Yes, this thread was inspired by the movie 'Click'
Last edited by Granata at Apr 14, 2014,
u mean click?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Obviously not. Like, if I fast-forwarded thirty years, my problems that I tried to escape would just have been compounded. Seriously a bad idea.

Now if I could be in a coma for thirty years, yeah.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by lolmnt
u mean click?

Yup. I stated that in the spoiler in my first post.
why would I go back in time to experience events i already experienced just to see it in third person? thats depressing. like seriously, even if it was to witness a good event, i cant do anything to change it or even experience it again for myself, so watching it would just make me want to off myself
pinga
Quote by chev311e
Well if it means I can bang Kate Beckinsale then yea I'm in.

Sorry, taking the remote won't mean you'll be in Adam Sandler's spot in the movie.
Quote by Granata
Yup. I stated that in the spoiler in my first post.

wow spoiler. I intentionally didn't click on that because I didn't want things to get spoiled, and now they have.
Quote by Cb4rabid
why would I go back in time to experience events i already experienced just to see it in third person? thats depressing. like seriously, even if it was to witness a good event, i cant do anything to change it or even experience it again for myself, so watching it would just make me want to off myself

You could go back to watch some gigs you were at. That'd be cool.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I would erase the part of my life when I watched Click to make this thread more interesting.
Quote by Cb4rabid

I mean I'd want to go back in time to see many events in the third person. That would be pretty awesome.

Quote by Baby Joel
wow spoiler. I intentionally didn't click on that because I didn't want things to get spoiled, and now they have.

LOL gtfo
Quote by Trowzaa
You could go back to watch some gigs you were at. That'd be cool.

Exactly. I'd think it would be pretty awesome. I'd go back in time to check out that one girl's rear during English class.
Quote by chev311e

Even if you couldn't personally bang her, I would still watch the Kate action regardless of the dude.
Quote by Dimarzio45
Even if you couldn't personally bang her, I would still watch the Kate action regardless of the dude.

Again, if you weren't there during the event, you can't go back in time to that event.
Quote by Granata
Exactly. I'd think it would be pretty awesome. I'd go back in time to check out that one girl's rear during English class.

man dude that is so creepy and disrespectful!

u should be ashamed! how do u think she would feel if she knew u were doing tht 2 her?
banned
I spend too much time dwelling in memory and regret to not want to kill myself if I use this thing, so hell no
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by Dimarzio45

This works too
Quote by Granata
Again, if you weren't there during the event, you can't go back in time to that event.

What about changing channels?
Quote by Granata

Y' know, you're a reeeaaal buzz kill with your ruuuules and what not. heh heh
I guess I'd go back to....hmmm....I really don't know...my life has been pretty uneventful other than tragedies occurring here and there...

i'd love to watch myself gettin' busy u know what i'm sayin'
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by deadsmileyface
man dude that is so creepy and disrespectful!

u should be ashamed! how do u think she would feel if she knew u were doing tht 2 her?

If I only cared...
ya i would relive 06-09 over and over until i die

Quote by lolmnt
i'd love to watch myself gettin' busy u know what i'm sayin'

heeheeYEAH *FistBump*
If personally use the remote. There are a few times in life where I just want to skip it and not go through that particular event. I just won't skip a certain event continuously and I'll be good to go. I'd definitely use it to go back in time to re-live events, though. Who wouldn't want to go back to see yourself in the first grade in third person?
Quote by chev311e

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by deadsmileyface
smh

what has society become

Greasers these days. Smh.
Quote by Granata
If personally use the remote. There are a few times in life where I just want to skip it and not go through that particular event. I just won't skip a certain event continuously and I'll be good to go. I'd definitely use it to go back in time to re-live events, though. Who wouldn't want to go back to see yourself in the first grade in third person?

Y' know, this might sound stupid but, I've always thought that when I die, I would love to have the option (assuming there's an afterlife and what not) to rewatch my life in a sort of movie theater-like way so I can see who I really was/am...I've had this belief/idea since I was like 8 years old...
Quote by Dimarzio45
Y' know, this might sound stupid but, I've always thought that when I die, I would love to have the option (assuming there's an afterlife and what not) to rewatch my life in a sort of movie theater-like way so I can see who I really was/am...I've had this belief/idea since I was like 8 years old...

reminds me of that one Nietzsche quote about the demon who forces you to watch your life over and over or something idk
banned
Quote by deadsmileyface
reminds me of that one Nietzsche quote about the demon who forces you to watch your life over and over or something idk

Haha yeah I forgot what the quote was.

As long as it's not like this:
http://youtu.be/kaLLy-U8MkI
Quote by Dimarzio45

Going by that same belief that you're talking about, wouldn't you know who you were already? Why watch it all again? That would be a pretty long movie.
Maybe condense it down to the high-points in your life. That would be interesting.
Quote by Dimarzio45

as long as I get to choose what actors play me/people in my life that would be cool

ROB SCHNEIDER as RylanThePotato as an adult
ZAC EFFRON as RylanThePotato as a teenager
QUEEN LATIFAH as Rylan's mom
THE HORSE FROM SEABISCUIT as Rylan's dad
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by Granata
Going by that same belief that you're talking about, wouldn't you know who you were already? Why watch it all again? That would be a pretty long movie.
Maybe condense it down to the high-points in your life. That would be interesting.

I think a lot of people don't truly know who they are until they see themselves in a different light that isn't centered around their original perspective.

You've seen yourself in the mirror many times but, have you ever ACTUALLY seen yourself and your actions and the result of said actions?
Page 1 of 2