7 years working in a temporary job

Job becomes full time and I have to apply.

Found out today my application was unsuccessful.

Cheer me up Pit Monkeys
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
****ing jobs, man. They're just assholes. When you don't want one they're everywhere, and when you do they just disappear.

The first thing you gotta do for sure is consume absurd amounts of alcohol and then wonder why life is a thing.
Worst part is I think I still gotta work here until they get someone new in.

Thinking about alcohol but then thinking it is probably the worst option out of whatever options there are.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

Do you want to keep your current employer as a reference? If not, then it can be really liberating knowing the fact that you're going to quit soon. Meaning, enjoy your last weaks/months and see how little you can actually accomplish during your 8 hours.
Quote by MetalMullet
Do you want to keep your current employer as a reference? If not, then it can be really liberating knowing the fact that you're going to quit soon. Meaning, enjoy your last weaks/months and see how little you can actually accomplish during your 8 hours.

That did cheer me up
Quote by lambofgod127

Aw I'm sorry. This happened to me recently too, except I wasn't there quite as long as you.

Why don't you see it as an opportunity and go travelling? That way, when you get back, you can say that you left the job to go travelling and it doesn't seem so bad.
It's not quite reapplying for your own job, but it still sucks. Has your employer given you any feedback? And don't anything stupid- with employment you should never burn a bridge, figuratively or literally. Unless you work for a bridge immolation company. But anyways, if things don't work out with the new guy, they may well come back to you.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Why don't you see it as an opportunity and go travelling? That way, when you get back, you can say that you left the job to go travelling and it doesn't seem so bad.

Family to look after

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Has your employer given you any feedback?

Some of the application was not upto meeting the criteria but the rest of it was excellent.

Excellent is better than good isn't it?
Quote by lambofgod127

Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Apr 15, 2014,
Quote by So-Cal
maisie-williams.img

I had a feeling someone would post that
Quote by lambofgod127

Quote by ChucklesMginty
Why do I relate to this so much?

Pshh everyone relates to angst Except functional adults.
Quote by slash_GNR666
That did cheer me up

I'm glad I accomplished my mission, although not on purpose. tihi
Quote by slash_GNR666
7 years working in a temporary job

Job becomes full time and I have to apply.

Found out today my application was unsuccessful.

Cheer me up Pit Monkeys

7 years isn't temporary.
Why cant your real friends and family cheer you up instead of creepy internet monsters?
Quote by slash_GNR666
Family to look after

Some of the application was not upto meeting the criteria but the rest of it was excellent.

Excellent is better than good isn't it?

That's a pity. It's what I plan to do.

Am I right in thinking you are based in the uk? Because if so your employer has broken the law. If you are in continuous temporary employment for more than 4 years, you become automatically permanent by law.

You may want to speak to an employment lawyer or have a look on direct.gov at temporary employee rights.
Quote by morbidguitar
7 years isn't temporary.
Why cant your real friends and family cheer you up instead of creepy internet monsters?

Oh they will do just I though sometimes the people of the pit can do some good.... sometimes....

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
You may want to speak to an employment lawyer or have a look on direct.gov at temporary employee rights.

I am planning on looking into it
Quote by lambofgod127

Yeah seven years(assuming it wasn't on and off, during holidays and such) and being a temp the whole time sounds fishy.
Yo sounds like they're looking for someone more qualified, maybe there is someone who has been doing your job for 8 years out there? You never know what goes on after you leave for the day.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by MetalMullet

I sort of did that. I didn't really want/need my employer from my last job as a reference so I spent the last month doing less and less..
...When I say less and less, it took 2 days until my work day consisted of gaming and watching youtube videos. I did about 2 hours of actual work that month. Best paycheck I ever got.

The bonus here being my employer had no idea that's what I was doing, so he still offered to give me a good reference afterwards.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by slash_GNR666
Worst part is I think I still gotta work here until they get someone new in.

So basically you still have an opportunity to show them that you're an asset and not a burden on the company.

Instead of drinking or feeling sorry for yourself, you should take advantage of that or at least start job hunting immediately. It is much harder to find work once there's a lapse in employment.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Tell your employer you'll shank his nan outside of Tescos if he doesn't reevaluate and accept your application
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by behind_you
Tell your employer you'll shank his nan outside of Tescos if he doesn't reevaluate and accept your application

It will turn into a race crime nothing to do with the job
Quote by lambofgod127

Update (I know you don't care)

Anyway I got another job (admin) over in A&E Dept for the same amount of hours that I was working previously.

Looking at doing that for a few months and then hopefully my wife will be going to Uni and I will be a stay at home Daddy
Quote by lambofgod127

Quote by slash_GNR666

Looking at doing that for a few months and then hopefully my wife will be going to Uni and I will be a stay at home Daddy

the dream

live it
dont do alcohol. you don't have a job. spend your money well and look for other jobs ASAP. just work like u used to.

Oh, also ask for a letter of recommendation. After that long of a time you deserve one
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by slash_GNR666
Update (I know you don't care)

Anyway I got another job (admin) over in A&E Dept for the same amount of hours that I was working previously.

Congrats, man!

Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
dont do alcohol. you don't have a job. spend your money well and look for other jobs ASAP. just work like u used to.

Oh, also ask for a letter of recommendation. After that long of a time you deserve one

lol, he said he just got a new job.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 1, 2014,
did not read. my bad. disregard my post. congratz
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500