I'm thinking of getting the Marshall JVM410H soon, the problem is that I'm very bad at setting good tones for myself, how hard is it to get a good tone with this Marshall, are there any guides on the net about it, oh and do you have any tips in general about it?
You should have asked this in the Guitar Gear and Accessories forum, but oh well.

Are you sure you're ready for an amp like this if you struggle to adjust an amp? I mean, the JVMs aren't exactly cheap.

As with all amps, start by setting all EQ adjustments (or basically ALL knobs except volume) to 5/10. Then try adjusting each knob +/- until you're happy. Really, it's not rocket science. Trust your ears.
Oh gees, sorry about the wrong forum. And thanks a lot to your responses guys!
Are you sure you're ready for an amp like this if you struggle to adjust an amp? I mean, the JVMs aren't exactly cheap.
Well, I don't want to get one more solid state/combo amp, I've been playing for 8 years, and I've been saving for a JVM for ages too, so I want to try the real deal by now...
Quote by Linkerman
Watch this video, particularly after the 7:10 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRERK4PJpI

You got that video from me didn't you? Lol

I'v eplayed the 410. A really good metal tone, no pedal required, OD2 Orange channel. All knobs at noon except gain and mids at 1 o clock. Add reverb to taste. Good for newer metal. I think it sounds a lot like Devin Townsend's tone.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
You got that video from me didn't you? Lol

Yeah, I did.
It's a great aid for people struggling with those questions. And the "how not to dial a metal tone" video is very good as well, maybe they should be included in one of the sticky treads with FAQs.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I'v eplayed the 410. A really good metal tone, no pedal required, OD2 Orange channel. All knobs at noon except gain and mids at 1 o clock. Add reverb to taste. Good for newer metal.
Oh, but is it good for 'older' metal?
Quote by LunaticVikingQu
Oh, but is it good for 'older' metal?

That's what the red channel is for.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9