Hey,

So basically what I want to ask is opinions if you think this should be orchestrated.
I'm not sure if the guitars emphasize the melody enough on their own
Late edit: They obviously didn't and I've made a bit more out of it - so just general opinions if any would be cool

This is work in progress.
I put back the intro, not happy with it yet though. Drums need work to define some rhythms better and emphasize certain events, for now they're just quickly done/copy pasted to see approximately how it would sound like

Any criticism appreciated.

Edit: Replaced with more current version should someone be lurking this. Ran out of allowed space so use link:

GP6 WIP file

GP5 Export (not mixed)
Last edited by fanapathy at May 9, 2014,
I don't think there's a real melody here -- which is fine, the singing is usually enough for that.

The verse chords are great but I don't really like the rhythm, the palm muting bits are too quick and coupled with the drums gets tiring to listen to real quick. If you dropped those and made them quarter notes or something I reckon it'd sound a lot better. More anthemic.

As for the chorus, the solo melody at the end simplified would make a great contrast between the verses because right now it doesn't feel like a chorus at all, just another verse with a really subtle lead guitar change.

It's still a really solid track though man, I like it.
^Hey thanks. Last song I ran into problems making a vocal line because of lead guitar line throughout and then making different vocals over that would be weird. I guess this is more rhythm guitar style and the chords don't move much so there's free room to sing whatever notes.

Maybe more 8ths and simplifying might be cool, change pace more. The chorus happened to be something I randomly played when plugging in yesterday and the verses were built around that. Gotta stop composing like that because it ends up sounding the same...
Thanks man, will help me improve
I don't like it, I find it unoriginal. There's a million songs just like this one. The only part that stands out is the ''Part II'' or the ''K'' part, it's a cool riff.
Quote by EvilAlienSquid
I don't like it, I find it unoriginal. There's a million songs just like this one. The only part that stands out is the ''Part II'' or the ''K'' part, it's a cool riff.

Hey thanks for criticism. I'm usually not going for originality...well, unless there's some very different new idea - but I feel sitting down "trying to create something" doesn't work well in music, rather what comes naturally. And I believe many things some of those "core" bands do with changing weird time sigs a lot sounds forced or random, rarely flows well.

Anyway, I picked up this song again and added more what I had in mind with filling the track, slowed down the chorus. I know the original post was just the foundation which I agree sounds generic and somewhat undefined.