I always see jaco using acoustic heads and cabs in almost every setting of weather report. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say they're much different than the ones they have set up at guitar centers and whatnot? Does anyone know what type of heads these were?
If I'm not totally mistaken, Jaco used a couple of Acoustic 360 heads, and some Hartke cabs with aluminum speakers.

The 360's have kind of a legendary status (if I'm not totally off), and if you see one used, you will most likely have to spend a lot of money on it. Alternatively, you can get one of the new ones made by Acoustic USA, but they are.. expensive.

Also, there is a bass forum in here. They will most likely be able to help you more.
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
Quote by Fishybones

Also, there is a bass forum in here. They will most likely be able to help you more.

Yeah. Although the tagline of this forum is the associated gear that goes with guitar and bass, this forum is much more geared towards guitar than bass. Some of us play a bit of bass too (I took up bass recently too), but most of us are guitarists first, bassists second (if we even play bass at all). The bass forum is great, they're really friendly and helpful, they know way more than I do about bass (massive understatement- when i have a bass question I ask there ).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?