I'm a huge fan of "Metalocalypse" but that's not the only Adult Swim show with awesome guitar solos. I was curious if anyone would either tab Meatwad's (Aqua Teen Hunger Force) solo from "Face Omelet" or Early Cuyler's Solo (Squidbillies). Both are really good but no one's tabbed them out yet. I'd also like details like tempos and key signatures. Backing chord progressions would also be appreciated.

"Face Omelet"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS5WNz8UbU8

Early Culyer's Solo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZptg1uUgcE

Tabs/details would be greatly appreciated.
"I don't know what you're trying to suggest. There's no shame in taking what you need to hold your position!"

Super Buu (DBZ) on assimilation (it could also apply to blues guitar and guitar soloing in general).
Here's the first Solo (2nd Video) for starters:

Sorry but your not getting all the details you wanted, perhaps someone else can do them.
There is enough, so you should be able to easily follow...

Tempo is "free time?" at about 70-80 Beats per Minute.
But I guess you could get fussy on that too?

Crazy Cartoon... what's it called?... Metalocalypse? Adult Swim???

Bar Lines are only there, to break it up into sections.

First part is just an Open E Major Chord with Root and 5th Alt Bass Line
   Strum is Root (pause) down up, 5th up Down up... etc

Chord is moved up the fret board to the point of ridiculousness and back down again
   I believe the correct term is Gliss?? (Glissando).

Right Hand Notation: (Chicken picking) similar to clasical guitar RH notation.
   P = Thumb (not used here), i = Index finger (not used here)
   m = Middle finger, a = Ring finger

m a                                                                    m
e |-------------0--------------------|----------------------|-------------------------------|
B |-----------0--(0)-----------------|----------------------|-------------------------------|
G |--2-/-4------------4-\-2--p--0----|--0-h-1-p-0-----------|-------------------------------|
D |----sl---------------sl---------2-|-------------2-p-0----|-0-h-2-p-0--------------2------|
A |----------------------------------|--------------------2-|-----------2-p-0---------------|
E |----------------------------------|----------------------|------------------0-h-3~~---0--|

e |--------------------------------7--10--9-h-10-p-(9)-7--9-b-(10)-r-(9)--|
B |--------------------------6--9-----------------------------------------|
G |--------------------4--7-----------------------------------------------|
D |--------------3--6-----------------------------------------------------|
A |--------2--5-----------------------------------------------------------|
E |--1--4-----------------------------------------------------------------|

T                T                      T   (t)  (t)
e |--12-p-7-h-8-h-10--12-p-10-p-8-p-7-h-10-|-12-/-13-\-12--p--8-p-7------------------|
B |----------------------------------------|----sl---sl--------------10-p-8-6---\-5~~|
G |----------------------------------------|------------------------------------sl---|
D |----------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------|
A |----------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------|
E |----------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------|
    T=Tap w/RH index finger,  (t) slide using RH/index finger

<Harm>... throughout
e |-<5>-----------------------------<12>------|
B |-----<4>-<5>-----<7>---------<7>-----------|
G |-------------<5>-----<7>-<5>---------------|
D |-------------------------------------------|
A |--------------------------------------<7>--|
E |-------------------------------------------|
     3   1   3   3   3   3   1   3    3   1 
    <Harm> = Natural Harmonics
    (Numbers in <?> indicate frets) 
     Numbers underneath indicate Left Hand fingering
     or at least how I just learnt it.
Last edited by tonibet72 at Apr 16, 2014,
As for the Second Solo (The First Video), here's the first section:

If you want me to keep going, let me know and I will do another section 2moro:
Again: sorry not gonna add all the extras, maybe someone else can do a ProTab.

Meatwad Solo:
Main Song in Standard E Tuning.

BUT!!!

Meatwad? Guitar Tuning (for solo) is tuned down to Standard Eb
(You may notice it's tuned not quite at Eb. (A little high off A440)

Meatwad Tuning is: Eb-Ab-Db-F#-Bb-eb

BUT!!!

I have kept to standard tuning for ease of navigation.

e |---------0--------------------3--------------------------------------|
B |--x------0--------------------3-------------------3------------------|
G |---x-\---2--------------------0-------------------2------------------|
D |----x-\--2--------------------0-------------------0------------------|
A |---------2----------------------------------------0------------------|
E |---------0--(Depress-Whammy)--3--(Whammy-Wobble)--x--(Whammy-Wobble)-|

e |-----------------------------------------|---------------------------|-/14--|
B |-------------3---3---3-------------------|--Harm---------------------|------|
G |--0-h-2--2---2---2---2-------------------|--<5>------(Whammy-Wobble)-|------|
D |--0-h-2--2--(0)--0---2-------------------|---------------------------|------|
A |-(0)-----------------0--(Whammy-Wobble)--|---------------------------|------|
E |-----------------------------------------|---------------------------|------|

e |--10----------------10-|-14-10----------------10-|-14-10-------------------|-------------|
B |-----10----------14----|-------10----------14----|-------10----------10----|----10-------|
G |--------11----11-------|----------11----11-------|----------11----11----12-|-11----12-11-|
D |-----------12----------|-------------12----------|-------------12----------|-------------|
A |-----------------------|-------------------------|-------------------------|-------------|
E |-----------------------|-------------------------|-------------------------|-------------|

e |------------------------------------|-R-|-R---|---------------------|-10-|
B |-------------------10---------------|-e-|-e---|------------------10-|----|
G |-----------9-11-12----12-11-9-------|-p-|-p-X-|----------9-11-12----|----|
D |-----11-12--------------------12-11-|-e-|-e-2-|----11-12------------|----|
A |--12--------------------------------|-a-|-a---|-12------------------|----|
E |------------------------------------|-t-|-t---|---------------------|----|
                                           [w/Palm Mute................]

e |--14-10----------------10-|-14-10------------------------------|
B |--------10----------10----|-------10--------------------10-----|
G |-----------11----11-------|----------11------11---12--------12-|
D |--------------12----------|-------------12---------------------|
A |--------------------------|------------------------------------|
E |--------------------------|------------------------------------|

e |------------------------------------|-R-|-------------|------------|---------------|-/14-12-10-------|
B |-------------------10---------------|-e-|-------------|------------|---------------|-----------14~~~-|
G |-----------9-11-12----12-11-9-------|-p-|-------------|------------|---------------|-----------------|
D |-----11-12--------------------12-11-|-e-|----11-------|----9-------|---7--(7)~~~~--|-----------------|
A |--12--------------------------------|-a-|-12----12-12-|-10---10-10-|-8---8-6~~~~~--|-----------------|
E |------------------------------------|-t-|-------------|------------|---------------|-----------------|

End Of First Section:
Thanks, you should post said tabs on here! Do you have any idea what key those solos are in. By the way the cartoon in the second link is "Squidbillies" and the clip is the climax of my favorite episode of that show.
"I don't know what you're trying to suggest. There's no shame in taking what you need to hold your position!"

Super Buu (DBZ) on assimilation (it could also apply to blues guitar and guitar soloing in general).
Thanks, you should post said tabs on here!
Nah, you can, people want Protabs these days (and too much work for lazy 'ol me)
Do you have any idea what key those solos are in.
hmmm... lets see!
The first one I tabbed (the completed one) Starts in E minor Pentatonic, then switches to A minor using diminished run from F, Tapping in A minor, and harmonics are using E Harmonic minor (staying in A minor???), but my ears are better than my theory, so I could get killed over at MT, but I think that's right? So id' say E minor, then switching to A minor.
By the way the cartoon in the second link is "Squidbillies" and the clip is the climax of my favorite episode of that show.
Cool, not really my thing, but I think I get it?
(Surely the greatest rock god of all time must have cameo'd on the show?... Mr Jack Black!)

Technically for that solo everythings flattened (remember?), but if you bring everything back up to A440 (ie: what they call concert pitch) so everything is notated for normal guitar tuning (FYI: the open Harm notes would be near impossible - or at least hard to get to sound right if it weren't tuned to Eb), but as I mentioned at start of Tab, for simplicity's sake, I notated everything at A440, so the notes as they're viewed/played on fretboard will appear as if in Standard Tuning.

...anyway the section i've tabbed starts out on D Major and ends with a whole tone run... and that's as far as I got...

Remember: Just flatten everything if you really wanna get techie about it! (ie: D Major now becomes D Flat Major)

NB: If you really wanna compare apples with apples, switch the thread over to MT (musician forum),
but it might start a shit fight over keys scales and runs etc, so don't say I didn't warn ya!

Altho I think for my explanation, most would agree!?

You might have to wait till tabs finished tho, as most may not pick up on the tuning difference at first, and without something to go by, they will most likely not even attempt it (well that has been my experience - and yet some blow on like they know everything, but without some sort of reference, they're quickly lost... go figure!)

You want rest of tab for that meatwad solo?
(although i'll continue doing it in sections, when I have time).
Then you can join it all together and maybe post them both yourself, I don't care.
Last edited by tonibet72 at Apr 16, 2014,