I'm currently working on a project for my pro tools class and need help with something. I wrote a piece of music for the mini grand to play in pro tools, and my class was given drum loops to put behind the piece of music we wrote. The problem is, the drum loops are all in 4/4 and my piece is in 3/4, switches to 6/8, then goes back to 3/4. Is there a tool I can use to alter the time signature of a drum loop without cutting out beats and splicing things together? I have been trying that and although I can get clean sounding loops, they still do not have a 3/4 feel to them.
Well of course they won't have a 3/4 feel to them if they're played in 4/4.

Try making your own loops if it's not against the assignment?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
You can't get 3/4 out of 4/4 without cutting a quarter note. You get that right? What you can do is try to warp everything in such a way that instead of
8th - 8th - 8th - 8th
hat   hat   hat    at
Kick        snare

It becomes

8th - 8th - 8th
Hat         Hat
Kick

So make a 12/8 out of the 4/4, but that depends on your drumloop.
Last edited by MaXiMuse at Apr 15, 2014,
Quote by MaXiMuse
You can't get 3/4 out of 4/4 without cutting a quarter note. You get that right? What you can do is try to warp everything in such a way that instead of
8th - 8th - 8th - 8th
hat hat hat at
Kick snare

It becomes

8th - 8th - 8th
Hat Hat
Kick

So make a 12/8 out of the 4/4, but that depends on your drumloop.

Yeah thats what I meant when I was cutting and splicing beats together. I removed a beat from each measure, cut and spliced beats together, organized them as strong, weak, weak, and although it sounded clean, I was not getting a 3/4 feel from it. I will keep at it and see if I can fix this, we are not allowed to create our own loops or use outside ones. If not, I guess I need to write a new piece in 4/4 very, very quickly.