I play on a les paul, if that effects anything. I usually play in E standard, maybe a half step down. Drop D at the lowest. What strings would be good for this? (strings that dont break every time i bend on 17+ fret)
It actually does matter.

A Les Paul has a shorter scale length, so you need thicker strings to compensate for the tension loss.

I like 11s on an LP type if I'm playing half a step down, 10s if I keep it in standard all the time.
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
depends on your action, but typically with a 24.75" scale, 10's for E standard, 11's for Eb
Really it is a completely personal issue. I prefer a 10-46 set on most any guitar tuned to standard, regardless of neck scale (I like the differences in tension that I get, I see it as part of the guitar's character). As a general recommendation I will back up what these guys ahead of me have recommended and say 10-46 for standard, 11-48 for a half step down, but to find what is right for you requires some experimentation.

In any case, good luck with your quest for perfect string gauge!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I too use "10's". I think guitar strings are like underwear, you gotta go with what fits YOU. If you don't, they'll still work but they're not as comfortable. I have yet to see a "What underwear?" thread.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
i use .11's for just about everything. cheaper because you can buy in bulk, if .12 were a similar price i would use .12's. i like it very tight and thick top strings, as well as tolerable for the treble side but

thats me.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
in a les scale length, try 10 heavy bottom if you like to tune to drop D. keeps some tension on that low E with the thicker string.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)