What sort of amplifier would be able to achieve the sounds that this guy gets. It's sort of a fusion sound with a fair amount of distortion while still remaining remarkably clean. Then the clean tones are just equally as pleasant to the ear. It's like everything about his tone just seems right. I know he uses AxeFx, but what sort of amp would be able to get close to the multitude of sounds coming from his Plini's guitar?

I also recommend that everyone listens to the whole thing - it is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywlWkkNl19U
I LOVE PLINI haha. And Sithu Aye. I'm pretty sure they both use strats and other single coil stuff for the bulk of their work. That's why it's so sparkly and spanky even when distorted.

He's obviously using the Axe, so I could only recommend another MFX processor like a POD to even come close to these tones on the fly. It also helps he's very well versed in a whole range of genres. Half of this tone is technique.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Check out the DV Mark Multiamp. The nice thing about it is that it's actually an amp.
^ it's a modeling amp, a vypyr tube would be better I'd say if he wanted an integrated amp.
Though if you don't, on the cheap I'd get a POD HD500x.

It's not like you'll really easily recreate these tones with something relatively cheap though because:
1. the thing doesn't sound bad, even not thinking about what sound it produces
2. the thing is mixed, and if you can mix stuff you can make modest amps sound good

So yeah, it's that pretty much.
Since you didn't state your budget though I feel the 5150 III and VH4 suggestions are mandatory
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Oh this isn't about me trying to buy something. I just wanted to know what amps could get sounds like these. Can they even be achieved without an effects/modelling unit? Just curious, because the tones are pretty non-standard and they sound really good.
Quote by wildozer
the tones are pretty non-standard
They are an electric and an acoustic guitar passed through some effects and occasionally distortion.
You can do it with any expensive amp, good p/ups and a decent fx processor for the reverb and the delay.

Plus again, it's mixed with a full track so you'll not really sound that exact way even with an axe, and you could sound like that with any good amp and p/ups if you mix the sound good and with other stuff.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by wildozer
Oh this isn't about me trying to buy something. I just wanted to know what amps could get sounds like these. Can they even be achieved without an effects/modelling unit? Just curious, because the tones are pretty non-standard and they sound really good.

Not really. The sound you get from something like an Axe-FX is the sound of the recorded amp which is different than an actual amp amplifying your guitar. You pretty much get the studio guitar from it. Cab and mic sims are part of the signal chain. If you want that sound from an amp, you need something that will emulate the sound of a recorded amp and then amplify that. That's why I suggested the Multiamp. It does all of that in a single unit. That tone itself isn't really special. Most mid or low-gain amps can achieve something close when recorded with good mics at their sweet spot. Plus, there are some time-based effects in there. And we can't disregard technique and talent.