Classical and flamenco guitarists do it all the, but I've never seen it done on an electric guitar.

Also, is this video real? Apparently this kid had only been playing for a year when he made this video and a cover of La Crumpenera, and 2:50 is the cleanest tremolo I've ever heard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a-olgaS0iI
Last edited by ch1ng_chung at Apr 16, 2014,
i think there are probably 100's of better videos online. you should also be in the techniques forum, its slower over there (not as many posters) but that is where this thread belongs.

not downing the girl in the video.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
damn this was hard to find. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+tremolo+pick

www. youtube. com, look in the top center, OMG a search bar. type "how to tremolo pick".

29,400 videos!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by ch1ng_chung
Classical and flamenco guitarists do it all the, but I've never seen it done on an electric guitar.

I've never seen it done either. That's not to say it's impossible, just that it's not done very often. There's no real reason it can't or shouldn't be done, it's just that the vast majority of electric players aren't even vaguely familiar with classical techniques.

Quote by ch1ng_chung
Also, is this video real? Apparently this kid had only been playing for a year when he made this video and a cover of La Crumpenera, and 2:50 is the cleanest tremolo I've ever heard.

No idea. Looks legit enough on a first look but I didn't watch much or pay that much attention to specifics.

Quote by trashedlostfdup
damn this was hard to find. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+tremolo+pick

www. youtube. com, look in the top center, OMG a search bar. type "how to tremolo pick".

29,400 videos!

Classical tremolo, 90% or more of those videos will be entirely irrelevant.

Quote by trashedlostfdup
i think there are probably 100's of better videos online. you should also be in the techniques forum, its slower over there (not as many posters) but that is where this thread belongs.

not downing the girl in the video.

Not a girl, it's a young boy.

Did you even click the video?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by ch1ng_chung

Hah! Tremolo picking is pretty basic extreme metal technique. Listen a random black metal song from youtube and changes are under the wall of distortion and fizz the 90% of it is built from simple tremolo picked melodies.

Now, this done with finger picking is another story.

Also, what is the TS asking really? What is this thread about?

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Apr 16, 2014,
Hah! Tremolo picking is pretty basic extreme metal technique. Listen a random black metal song from youtube and changes are under the wall of distortion and fizz the 90% of it is built from simple tremolo picked melodies.

I saw the embedded video for the first tine and thought that the tremolo picking sounded pretty cool, but the technique looked pretty hard to do on close-spaced electric guitar strings. I was also skeptical about how the kid played only one year before getting recorded
"tremolo" tends to mean something pretty different in rock music.

In classical music it means playing continuous, small subdivisions of an indicated note value. Like if you had a melody E-3---5---7---5, notated as quarter notes, you could indicate a 16th note tremolo and it would sound like E-3-3-3-3-5-5-5-5-7-7-7-7-5-5-5-5. The note value itself is the same, but you are picking away at a smaller subdivision to get a specific effect
Quote by ch1ng_chung

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a-olgaS0iI

he posted it in GG&A assumed it was an electric. i thought he was just showing a very impressive video.

i took it as tremolo picking on the guitar which is used quite frequently

MaaZeus-

Thatis where i am at.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Apr 17, 2014,
Quote by cdgraves

In classical music it means playing continuous, small subdivisions of an indicated note value. Like if you had a melody E-3---5---7---5, notated as quarter notes, you could indicate a 16th note tremolo and it would sound like E-3-3-3-3-5-5-5-5-7-7-7-7-5-5-5-5. The note value itself is the same, but you are picking away at a smaller subdivision to get a specific effect

How is that any different from a death metal song using tremolo?

TS: Are you speaking of simply the effect or it being done in that style?
Quote by cdgraves

Unless you are thinking about playing with tremolo bar no its the exact same thing. IE youtube Satyricon - Mother North. That song is exactly what I described, 90% relentless tremolo picking minus for the slow part in the middle.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
... Why is everyone in here still talking about anything other than the physical process of classical tremolo?

Seriously, what TS is talking about isn't exactly unclear if you actually pay attention. I know I can't help with it but it doesn't look like any of you can either so what the hell are you all still talking for?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
... Why is everyone in here still talking about anything other than the physical process of classical tremolo?

Seriously, what TS is talking about isn't exactly unclear if you actually pay attention. I know I can't help with it but it doesn't look like any of you can either so what the hell are you all still talking for?

Because its NOT clear what he is asking about in the first post. Just wondering if tremolo is done with electric guitars and opinions about the kids playing.

He would do well to edit it and add his actual question about classical tremolo (done with fingers it looks?) because a lot of people WILL miss the last sentences of his second post.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus

I saw the embedded video for the first tine and thought that the tremolo picking sounded pretty cool, but the technique looked pretty hard to do on close-spaced electric guitar strings. I was also skeptical about how the kid played only one year before getting recorded

I just noticed this post in which he clarifies it. The botched quote threw me off, sorry.