Page 1 of 2
Has knowing what happens ahead ever totally killed your enjoyment when reading/watching/consuming a story? Has the situation made you wanna whack the dude who spoiled it for you, or yourself for finding that spoiler?

I'm very glad I did not spoil myself with any Harry Potter books when they came out. Particularly
the murder of Dumbledore and pretty much everything about the last book

This thread obviously contains spoilers, proceed with caution. Please don't post spoilers to recent stuff without [spoiler] tags
For some stuff I like keeping spoilers at bay, others I really don't care. But it annoys me more when people get extremely pissed off about spoilers.
Quote by VillainousLatin
Man I didn't even know Jesus died until some hag in church said so. Spoiled the hole damn bible for me, couldn't even finish it because of that!

Hot damn that's the worst spoiler in history. I heard it as a young sweet boy too.

They even had to spoil that
Jesus comes back 3 days after getting killed
Last edited by Jyrgen at Apr 16, 2014,
Quote by Jyrgen
Hot damn that's the worst spoiler in history. I heard it as a young sweet boy too.

They even had to spoil that Jesus comes back 3 days after getting killed

****ing tag that shit!!
is how you do it mother****er!
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
****ing tag that shit!!
is how you do it mother****er!

Sorry hope you alraedy red the Bibel
Game of Thrones stuff.

Unless you watch it the second its broadcast you cant avoid em. Just going on the internet for 5mins is usually enough to ruin the whole thing.

The most annoying thing is that most of the time is people dont explicitly say whats going to happen but somehow think that aluding to it (most fo the time very strongly) is ok. You end up putting 2 and 2 together and nearly always guess correctly.

Even just knowing SOMETHING is going to happen is usually enough to spoil it

Dont say stuff like "OMG!! I couldnt beleive Game of Thrones last night. Didnt see that coming !!!!1" and somehow think thats ok

If you genuinely dont want to spoil it for others SIMPLY DONT SAY ANYTHING
Last edited by LivinJoke84 at Apr 16, 2014,
Quote by Jyrgen
Has knowing what happens ahead ever totally killed your enjoyment when reading/watching/consuming a story? Has the situation made you wanna whack the dude who spoiled it for you, or yourself for finding that spoiler?

I'm very glad I did not spoil myself with any Harry Potter books when they came out. Particularly
the murder of Dumbledore and pretty much everything about the last book

This thread obviously contains spoilers, proceed with caution. Please don't post spoilers to recent stuff without [spoiler] tags

I had that spoiled for me by a class mate because his mom read the book in something like one day and he shouted it out in class because he was a ****ing ******. God i hate that guy.. Completely ruined the half-blood prince for me ;( I had just started to read it the same day..

He also shouted who the half blood prince was.. I was close to just ending him right there in the classroom.

His parents just got divorced.. I admit i smiled.. Haven't seen him in years though
There's only one boss I listen to, and that's why I'm unemployed.
Um I got spoiled that (ASOIAF spoilers)
Ned and Robb died in Game of Thrones. Ned...I didn't really mind as it was kind of the point of the series that the main character dies...Robb, I guessed he died in battle, not at a wedding so that was still a pretty big shock for me!

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Can't remember the last one that annoyed me. I had the end of Storm of Swords spoiled for me in a YouTube comment, though tbh I managed to click away in time to not let it sink in so I spent the whole time not being sure which way round the murdering occurred, which sort of helped. Then I got it spoiled again out of my stupidity.

I don't get super pissed at the accidental spoilers, like people who were all "OMG Red Wedding" on social media after the episode aired, that's just kind of life, I avoid FB and Twitter until I've seen the stuff I don't want spoiled. But people who go out of their way to spoil stuff out of spite are the fucking worst.

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
For some stuff I like keeping spoilers at bay, others I really don't care. But it annoys me more when people get extremely pissed off about spoilers.

Agreed. I especially hate when people complain about Game of Thrones spoilers. Everyone in that damn show dies. Why are you all so shocked when it finally happens?
Someone spoiled the ending of Red Dead Redemption for me, which really sucked.
Quote by Bazz22

Ahhh yeah that happened to me. Boy it sucked.

It is a great ending because

even though John dies, you get to be Jack Marston
There was a certain death in Breaking Bad that I saw on Youtube about a year before I even thought of watching the series. So that spoiled like a whole season because I knew how it was going to happen.

Gus
Quote by Bazz22

Me too. On this site. I was pretty pissed but was probably being a little ridiculous.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Mass Effect's ending.

I was obsessed with that series a couple of years ago.

I was dumb enough to read up on how it ends on the internet and every time I played it after that I got a bad taste in my mouth.

EDIT: And yea the Red Dead Redemption ending, while it wasn't spoiled for me, I completely did not see that coming. It freaked me out.
Last edited by E7#9 at Apr 16, 2014,
Snape dies too.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I have had a couple of character deaths in Game of Thrones spoiled for me. One was spoiled by Rolling Stone's Facebook page, where they posted a link to an article called "Top 10 Most Shocking TV Deaths" and the image for whatever reason was of this particular character being murdered. I wouldn't care if it was done later but this was before the season had even come out on DVD, which basically meant if I didn't want it to be spoiled then I should have pirated it when it aired in the US.

I know that a particular character dies in season 5 of Breaking Bad, again due to inconsiderate naming of Youtube videos and the like.

I knew the twist to Sixth Sense before watching which may have made me enjoy it slightly less.
I never get pissed off because of spoilers. I'm like "k cool" and go on with my day.
Never bothered me in the least.

Knowing what happens doesn't take away from a well written story. Even if it's a twist ending, if the story and ending are good, it's still fun to see how they arrived at that ending.
i was watching Carrie and It with a friend of mine, and she kept talking about what was going to happen in it and differences between the films and the book.

i didnt really care tho because she was just pumped to watch it, what with her being a stephen king fan and all.
Quote by LivinJoke84

Dont say stuff like "OMG!! I couldnt beleive Game of Thrones last night. Didnt see that coming !!!!1" and somehow think thats ok

But people say that every single time it barely means anything anymore
cat
Game of thrones. Decided to do a quick recap of the seasons with wiki, and since the seasons are certain books combined i accidentally read some of whats going to happen this season.

****ing. Pissed.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Apr 16, 2014,
Quote by angusfan16
Game of thrones. Decided to do a quick recap of the seasons with wiki, and since the seasons are certain books combined i accidentally read some of whats going to happen this season.

****ing. Pissed.

Gotta watch the video recaps. that way there is only show stuff

I had last weeks spoiled anyway cuz some **** on here decided to name like every character who is dead in the books in that "5 people you'd bring back to life" thread

**** that guy
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I was lucky enough to avoid any spoilers for ASOIAF while I was reading the books. I'd seen the Red Wedding mentioned a bunch of times, but nothing more than that.

I had Gears of War 3 spoiled for me before it even hit the shelves which really pissed me off though.

Quote by WCPhils
Gotta watch the video recaps. that way there is only show stuff

I had last weeks spoiled anyway cuz some **** on here decided to name like every character who is dead in the books in that "5 people you'd bring back to life" thread

**** that guy

I didn't see the thread, but you'd be surprised how many people throw names around without actually knowing for certain if they're actually dead or not. Or even if they're staying dead or not.
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at Apr 16, 2014,
had one of the endings to gta v ruined for me cause of a stupid related video title and screenshot combo on youtube which told me what happens before i even got the game

luckily there was more than one ending

I knew the twist in Bioshock before playing. Not all the specifics but the general idea.
someone spoiled the goddamn ending to Of Mice and Men for me when I was reading it in grade school
Seriously Game of Thrones spoilers are the worst. Mainstream news sites just post spoilers right in the ****ing headlines. Look at some of the articles on Google News right now:

The day after the last episode, one of the articles had a picture of Joffrey choking while standing next to his bride. How the **** am I supposed to avoid that?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Last edited by AeroRocker at Apr 16, 2014,
I don't get hung up on spoilers because I don't read/watch/play stuff just to find out what happens next. It's just the wrong way to think about things like that. I do enjoy a good twist though. Like in Bioshock Infinite when you find out it's actually quite a boring game.
Reading the GoT thread is a bad idea sometimes. Reading youtube comments is an even worse one(Just as spoilery, but dumber than a bag of rocks). Also every person I know that's told me "You should watch X anime!" is terrible at keeping spoilers out of their recommendations.

Aside from the fact that Shepard dies at the beginning of 2 - do not bitch at me for spoiling that, that game's been out for four years, and the death scene is in the launch trailer, so it's really not that much of a spoiler in the first place - somehow I managed to avoid Mass Effect spoilers the entire way, which is ridiculous considering how popular it was, and later how controversial it was.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Last time something really got spoiled for me was when gears of war 3 came out. And it was on UG, some asshole just randomly posted how it ended, nobody was even talking about the game when the user decided to just post what happened.
I don't mind spoilers; it's not about the end, it's about the journey
When watching Breaking Bad I went on the wiki sometimes to see stuff about characters and then I would see "Status - Deceased". Ruined a good many deaths for me.
Quote by Thrill-house
Last time something really got spoiled for me was when gears of war 3 came out. And it was on UG, some asshole just randomly posted how it ended, nobody was even talking about the game when the user decided to just post what happened.

Darth Vader is actually Luke Skywalker's father. That's in case you ever decide to watch Star Wars. You can thank me later.
I had the ending of dark tower spoiled when I had just begun reading the first book and there was nothing I could do to prevent it, not cool. I read the whole thing anyway, it was great.
Page 1 of 2