I put my EVH 5150 iii 50watt head up for trades and a guy has offered me his Diamond Spec op head in trade. looking at the money involved it is heavily in my favour but should i go for it.

Ive read good and bad things about the diamond mainly seems to be people not spending alot of time with it to get the sound they like.

I like my EVH but just want abit of a change
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
From my experience, those amps don't have a very huge resale value (mainly because they're not really available anywhere, so they're not a popular brand)... but I'd still think it's worth far more than your EVH.

There's really not a whole lot of info out their on their amps, but I'd probably be willing to take a chance on it, considering the resale value on it should be more than what your amp cost new. It might take a while to sell, if you don't like it, but you might be able to trade it for something awesome that your EVH would've had no chance on
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
thats what i was thinking, the guy wanted to sell it for £900 and asked if i could put £200 to the deal but said i couldnt so he just said ok.

I think im going to take a chance on it because as you said i could probably sell it for more than i paid for me EVH which was £650 second hand
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

Yeah, you might as well - not much to lose, unless there's something wrong with it. Like I said, it might take some time to move it if you don't end up liking it... but there's more trade potential with it than your EVH

If/when you get it, make sure to do a New Amp Day thread with a nice review. I'm sure there's others out there curious about these amps, and any more information about them would be great. Clips would be awesome too, if you can swing it. Everybody loves clips!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
i think the oxford guitar gallery (before it went bust) was blowing out some diamond amps. dunno if that was one of them.

no idea on the actual trade, it's up to you. on paper it's worth more, but if they're hard to sell...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i think the oxford guitar gallery (before it went bust) was blowing out some diamond amps. dunno if that was one of them.

no idea on the actual trade, it's up to you. on paper it's worth more, but if they're hard to sell...

TBH, they might not be - they just don't come up often, so I have no idea what the demand on something like this would be. You don't see many people playing them, but there's gotta be some out there, and clearly they're being held onto, cause they don't see a bunch of them at Guitar Center sitting for months

For all I know, every time one comes up they might be getting snatched immediately. Clearly someone's hanging onto them
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I shall post a review, and try to do a video of it aswell give me something to do over the bank holiday weekend.
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

Quote by MatrixClaw
TBH, they might not be - they just don't come up often, so I have no idea what the demand on something like this would be. You don't see many people playing them, but there's gotta be some out there, and clearly they're being held onto, cause they don't see a bunch of them at Guitar Center sitting for months

For all I know, every time one comes up they might be getting snatched immediately. Clearly someone's hanging onto them

yeah possibly. on the other hand, IIRC, the diamond stuff hung around longer than some of the other stuff which OGG was blowing out just before they went out of business. I remember a Vigier was reduced to a crazy price and it went almost immediately.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My concern would be why he's willing to do it. What's wrong with it? There may be more to the story than he's letting on. You know what they say about deals that sound too good to be true.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Apr 16, 2014,
that as well.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well he is coming down tomorrow to try my amp and im going to try the diamond and if i dont like i wont trade, ill be doing a full inspection of it as well to check tubes etc
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

does anyone have any experience with diamond amps
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

You mean these?
http://www.diamondamplification.com/heretic.html

They're local to me and when they first came out we though...meh, Marshall clone at 3x the price. Few local bands use them, but noone locally has really been that excited about them, maybe because of the price
Last edited by diabolical at Apr 17, 2014,
The Diamond is probably worth about the same, TBH. There was a (IIRC) Spec Op on Austin Craigslist at $1000 with a replaced output transformer for freaking forever. Guy finally dropped it down to $700, and it sold in a few weeks.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Cathbard
My concern would be why he's willing to do it. What's wrong with it? There may be more to the story than he's letting on. You know what they say about deals that sound too good to be true.

Ehhhh, pretty much every deal I do is too good to be true... look where that's gotten me!

There's a lot of stupid people in the world.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
well i did the trade and TBH i was disappointed with the amp, far to much bass for my liking, it sounded good only when cranked up loud which isnt that useful for me. it did have an amazing clean channel the best ive ever played but sadly the gain just wasnt as brutal as my trusted 5150 style amp. I sold it though for a healthy £300 profit from what i paid for my EVH and have since bought my 3rd Peavey 6505 i just cant seem to find anything that sounds as good to me and that make me happy with my sound
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

thanks for the update

hey if you made £300 then no real harm done. and yeah the 6505 is a classic for a reason.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by peavey6505+user
well i did the trade and TBH i was disappointed with the amp, far to much bass for my liking, it sounded good only when cranked up loud which isnt that useful for me. it did have an amazing clean channel the best ive ever played but sadly the gain just wasnt as brutal as my trusted 5150 style amp. I sold it though for a healthy £300 profit from what i paid for my EVH and have since bought my 3rd Peavey 6505 i just cant seem to find anything that sounds as good to me and that make me happy with my sound

Nice! At least you made a healthy profit off it and still ended up with an amp you like
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Sweet, nice trade then! It's hard to best a 6505 at what they do.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Eh, I've heard that but it is the same amp. I think there might be a few differences but I imagine that you would have as much difference between two 6505s as a 6505 and a 5150. Any of them sound a lot better with a warmer bias
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by diabolical
original 5150? They just sounded better to me...the components or something changed.

They're exactly the same. The 5152/6505+ have a handful of small changes, but that's it. The 5150 and 6505 are the same amp, built with the same parts on the same boards.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs