So this has been going on for a while but yeah....

So my guitar sometimes sounded for a second here and there "clean" instead of distorted while it was on distorted (i can't explain better than this)

And now, no matter what setting , my guitar sounds semi-clean. It's not completely clean, not completely distorted, just kinda inbetween.

I don't know what is going on, my AMP is ok, i have 2 guitars and the second one sounds just fine.

It's an ESP LTD EC-1000 btw.

Any suggestions?
Quote by peripheryAA
So this has been going on for a while but yeah....

So my guitar sometimes sounded for a second here and there "clean" instead of distorted while it was on distorted (i can't explain better than this)

And now, no matter what setting , my guitar sounds semi-clean. It's not completely clean, not completely distorted, just kinda inbetween.

I don't know what is going on, my AMP is ok, i have 2 guitars and the second one sounds just fine.

It's an ESP LTD EC-1000 btw.

Any suggestions?

What kinda of pickups are in it? Either way it may be a loose wire, but if you have EMGs you might need to replace the battery.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Check the contacts on the output jack.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Alright I fixed the problem. Apparently a wire leading to the battery was damaged, I replaced it myself, everything sounds perfect. Thanks for the ideas guys
Yep, these problems are always some random electrical problem along the line. I get the same effect when I try using a stereo cable in my guitar. But why I kept those stereo cables in the first place is another question left unanswered though...
It's either the pickups, the switch, or the internal wiring. Sounds like a pretty cheap guitar if it's falling apart after only one year.